Chapter 15

Zoey's pov

A few weeks had passed since the incident at the party and I've still gone to work and there's been no sign of Ashton. I don't know wether this is a bad thing or not but I'm slightly worried that he's just gonna jump out randomly.

I'm currently working right now and I've nearly finished my shift, I always go straight back to the apartment after work so Luke doesn't start getting worried about where I am. I was cleaning tables when the bell signalling the door had been opened went. I looked up and I probably looked like I'd seen as ghost, standing in the doorway was no other than my mum.

I turned around to walk to the back where Lauren was, she was on her break and she was just having a sit down and she noticed the worried look on my face.

"What's up Eliza?"

"My mum just walked in"

"And?"

"You have to serve her for me please"

"Why can't you? She's your mum"

"You don't understand but we haven't spoken in ages I left cause she didn't like my tattoos and hair" this wasn't a complete lie.

"Well you've had different colours since then and you've shaved half your hair so she won't even recognise you"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah"

"Okay"

I walked back out and saw my mum sat at a table by the window, I walked over and put on my fakes the smile.

"Hi can I get you anything?" She looked right at me then at my badge before she answered.

"My how you've changed Zoey"

"I don't know who you're talking about my names Eliza"

"If you don't want me to tell your boss who you really are you'll talk to me"

"Fine" I wasn't gonna call her mum she didn't deserve it. "How'd you even know I was here? I'm miles away from where you live and haven't had any contact with"

"I didn't want any contact with you either seen as though you killed a boy then did a runner"

"It was self defence and he's not even dead"

"I know"

"Wait what?"

"Why do you think I'm here?"

"You're betraying me to help Ashton"

"I didn't want to but he's threatening to kill me, those tattooed boys, a few of your friends you ditched and then Luke if I didn't come and tell you something"

She was talking about all of Luke's friends, Calum and the others but I knew she only came to save herself the others were to persuade me to do whatever she's about to say.

"What is it?" She stood up.

"Ashton wants to meet with you tomorrow night at 9pm outside this cafe" and she walked off that was it, no good bye or I miss you or anything.

I was now stood in shock at what my mum had just told me, why did he send my mum? Why has he even asked me to meet him? Then I remembered what she said, Luke's friends, Calum would all die if I didn't and Luke would. I couldn't let him kill Luke, but Luke would never let me go if I told him. What does Ashton even want with me? What if he takes me away and I don't get to see Luke? All of that didn't matter, I had to go to save Luke and our friends, I couldn't be selfish and let them die and I definitely can't tell Luke.

I told Lauren I was leaving and she understood why I was leaving a little early and I went straight back to the apartment. Before I walked in I made sure I had calmed down and then I opened the door. Luke was watching TV and he turned when he heard the door. We both smiled at each other and I went to get changed into a pair of comfy shorts and t shirt before joint Luke on the sofa.

"Anything interesting happen at work?"

There was so much I could tell him, my mum, about Ashton yet I couldn't tell him any because I wanted to make sure he was safe. After all if you think about it I caused all of this, I was the one who left Ashton for Luke.

"No nothing at all"

--3rd persons pov--

As Zoey sits next to Luke feeling guilty about lying about what had happened at work neither of them knew what the events of tomorrow we're going to hold for them. I'll let you in on a little secret about Ashton's meeting with Zoey's mum.

(Flashback)

Zoey's mum was finishing the washing up when there was a knock on the back door, she walked over not taking any notice who was there until she opened it. When she did she stood in shock as Ashton Irwin walked inside her house.

"You're meant to be dead"

"And you're meant to have a daughter yet you act like you don't"

"She's the one who did a runner after leaving with that boy who supposedly killed you"

"Would you like to see her?"

"You know where she is?" She asked because Zoey was still her daughter the cold outer was a mask to others around her.

"I want you to deliver a message to Zoey"

"Why should I do anything for you? You could of killed her"

"And I will if you don't do as I say"

(Flashback over)

He actually threatened her mum with the death of Zoey not the others. He just told her to say what she did and walk out straight after even though her mother didn't want to, she wanted to stay.

Anyway one more thing to throw a spanner in the works as some might say. I'll leave this with you until next time,

Happy endings don't exist in this world and by the end, everyone dies.