Chapter 14

Zoey's pov

Me and Luke are currently laying next to each other on the bed but he's asleep whereas I can't. Not knowing Ashton is alive, he could be anyway but if he was already here then he would of come to us by now. The man from last night probably went back to him and told him everything. I should of let Luke carry on punching him till he was dead, maybe we could run away. I'm sick of running, I wish Ashton would just show up and Luke could kill him and make sure he was dead then he could go and not live in fear of him.

I couldn't stay in apartment when I couldn't sleep cause I'll end up getting paranoid about the whole thing. I stood up and walked over to the wardrobe and pulled out my black ripped skinny jeans and one of Luke's tops and a hoodie. I brushed my teeth and my hair and put it up in a pony tail. I didn't wanna stay here and the cafe wouldn't be open cause it's Sunday but I do know a place that would be. I put my converse on and put my phone in my back pocket along with some money. I left a note for Luke telling him where I was and wouldn't be long and not to worry. Knowing him he probably will cause of what happened last night but I can't just sit around here and do nothing. I picked up my key and walked out the door and I shut it behind me.

I walked out of the building and towards where I wanted to go. The salon. The women only did my hair the other day but I wanted a complete change but not colour wise. I knew it would be open cause it was open late the other night and she was a nice women.

I walked up to it and it was open, I smiled to myself and checked behind and around me before I went in. The streets were dead cause everyone was still asleep seen as though it was Sunday. I walked inside and the women was there again and she smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Back again?"

"Yeah I love the colour you've done but I'd like a different hair style"

"That's fine, it's dead in here anyway so go take a seat on the chair where you did the other day and I'll be right over"

"Okay"

I sat down on the chair in front of the mirror and looked at myself. The only thing I liked was my hair, I had bags under my eyes and I kinda looked half dead. The women came back with a trolley of different hair things.

"What would you like doing?"

"Half my head shaved"

--Luke's pov--

I woke up and Zoey wasn't next to me, I started to panic, what if she's been taken? I got out of bed and went into the living room, she wasn't there. I walked into the kitchen and saw a bit of paper and luckily it was from Zoey. She was at a salon again, it says not to worry but how could I not after what happened yesterday. It also said I will be surprised when she came back.

I got dressed into my sweats cause I just couldn't be arsed to wear anything else. I sat down on the sofa and watched TV. After about an hour I heard a key being put into the lock and I smiled knowing it was Zoey. I was right, she walked through the door and shut it and looked at me. She looked beautiful, she'd had half her head shaved and it looked amazing especially cause she had really nice blue hair. I smiled at her and open my arms out, she ran into them and we stood there hugging for what felt like forever.

"I really like your hair"

"Really? It doesn't look weird"

"No it looks amazing and you look beautiful" she blushed at my comment.

"Thank you"

"But don't think you're getting me anywhere near a shaver and shaving my hair off"

We started laughing, something we hadn't done in a long time and it felt good. Just for those minutes to forget everything and feel like we are the only people in the world. We sat down on the sofa snuggled up next to each other watching nothing other than 'Friends', occasionally laughing at something on of them said, usually Joey or Phoebe. I didn't wanna bring up Ashton but I couldn't help it, it's been bugging me since I woke up. So I turned the TV off so I could talk to Zoey about it.

"Why'd you turn it off?" She sat up and we were now opposite each other.

"Cause we need to talk"

"About?"

"Ashton"

"Why can't we just forget about him?"

"You know I would give anything to go back and make sure he died"

"I wish I'd let you carry on punching that man so he wouldn't of been able to go back to Ashton"

"Well I'm glad you stopped me"

"He's obviously close for that man to of been at the party"

"Yeah I know"

"We can't run, I'm sick of running"

"What do you wanna do?"

"The only thing we can do Luke, wait"

----A/N----

Hey sorry this chapter was short but it's a kinda build up to the next one. And I just wanna say a thank you to _Xoxo_Kaya_ for the idea for Zoey's hair. It was a really cool idea and I wanted to put it in so thank you.