Chapter 6

Zoey's pov

I woke up in the middle of the night and Luke wasn't next to me, why wasn't he here? Where is he? I sat up and a thought came to me, what if he does this every night. I've never woken up in the night before and when I woke up yesterday morning he was fast asleep and didn't even realise I had gotten up. I wonder if he goes to get money every night but where from. Everything running through my mind made it hard to get back to sleep but in the end I managed to.

I woke up and looked at my phone to see the time, it was already 9:00 and Luke was now next to me and I got out of the bed not caring if I woke him and he didn't even flinch or anything. He's definitely going somewhere for a few hours to make him this tired. I want to know where he's going but I don't know whether he'll get angry if I ask him about it, I know how he can get. I decided I was but would wait till he woke up himself to I did what I always did in the morning, got dressed and watched TV. After about half an hour Luke walked out of the bedroom dressed and went into the kitchen so I got up to talk to him.

"Where have you been going every night?" He turned around to look at me.

"I don't go anywhere"

"Don't lie Luke. I know you do cause I woke up last night and you weren't there and that would explain why you don't even flinch or anything when I get out of bed so where do you go?"

"Somewhere to get money"

"Where?"

"Why do you need to know?" He was nearly shouting now but I didn't care I wanted to know, if I had to tell him stuff then why shouldn't he.

"Cause you like to know where I go so I should know where you go" I was now shouting to.

"Cause I want to protect you and it doesn't concern you"

"Yes it does"

"Just leave it Zoey"

"Fine"

I walked over to the door, opened and slammed it shut behind me and started walking. I'd gone a few steps when I heard the door open and Luke was standing at the door way.

"Zoey come back please"

I just stuck my middle finger up at him and went over to the stairs and ran down them and ran out of the building. I just kept on running and running till I came across a park and sat down on a bench. I just needed to clear my head and after everything me and Luke have been through he won't even tell me where he's been going.

--Luke's pov--

I walked over to the door after she slammed it,

"Zoey please come back"

She stuck her middle finger up at me and went down the stairs, I didn't know wether to follow her or leave her to cool down. I was just standing in the doorway for a good few minutes till I decided to grab my jacket and follow her, I had no idea where she might of gone and she wasn't answering her phone. I just kept walking hoping I would see her somewhere, I asked a few random people who looked nice enough if they had seen a girl about my age with ocean coloured her but they either said no or looked at me weirdly. I was really worried about her, why couldn't I just of told her? I just wanted to protect her and for her to be safe and not worry about me that's why I didn't tell, but I didn't have to get angry at her. I think I just wanted someone to be angry at and get it all out and I made the mistake of letting it be Zoey.

Every night I've been earning money by doing jobs for people, not very nice people but it pays. It's either finding someone for them, beating people up, dealing or getting drugs for them. I know it's not a very clever idea cause the police back home are after me and Zoey as well, but we need money and if I try and get a real job they will end up finding out who I am and me and Zoey will either be caught of have to get even further away.

I've been walking for a while now so I decided to turn around and go back and hope Zoey was already back at the apartment. I turned around when out the corner of my eye I saw a flash of light blue hair on the other side of the road. I turned so I could see that person and it was Zoey, I was so happy but that sudden to turned into anger. I was about to cross the road when a man grabbed Zoey and dragged her down a side street, I ran across the road nearly getting hit by a car and followed the man with Zoey. I looked round the corner and saw that he had her against a wall with his arms either side blocking her from moving or getting away from him. I didn't hesitate and ran straight for the man punching him in the jaw and I'm sure I heard a crack. He fell to the ground and I kicked him in the stomach a few times till Zoey grabbed hold of me and was shouting at me to stop.

"Who sent you? What do you want?" The man looked at me and smiled an evil smile.

"You'll get what you deserve"

What did he mean? Before I could do anymore damaged Zoey was dragging me out of the side street and I let her. Once on the street in the open I hugged her and I didn't want to let go of her.

"Please don't run off again, I promise I won't get angry at you anymore and when you ask me something I will tell you the truth" I let go of her so I could see her face.

"So will you please tell me where you go?"

"I will when we get back to the apartment"

She nodded and we started walking back towards the apartment so we would feel a bit safer. All I could think was what the man said 'you'll get what you deserve' what the fuck? I'd go back and have a go at him again but he's probably long gone and I wasn't gonna leave Zoey on her own. But if I see him again or if he goes near Zoey I will kill him.