Chapter 13

Luke's pov

I came back from getting what Zoey wanted and was gonna cook her a nice meal to say sorry for being over protective of her. I opened the door and walked inside putting the bags down when I saw a note,

Luke I've gone to the party,
I'm not a baby I can take care of myself and Lauren's driving me,
Haven't got my phone so there's not point calling to shout at me,
Be back whenever,
Zoey x

I can't believe she went when I told her I didn't want her to, yeah maybe I am treating her like a baby but I want to keep her safe. I had to go out and look for her, if Lauren was picking her up she wouldn't be dumb enough to give her our address. She must've walked to the cafe, I'll just have to carry on walking past the cafe and I hope I found it well I should be able to hear music first. She better be alright.

--Zoey's pov--

I opened my eyes and I was in a pitch black room, where the fuck was I? After a few seconds everything came back to me, going to the toilet then a hand going over my mouth. I could still hear music which means I must still be at the party but where.

After a few minutes I could make out the outlines of object and when I tried to move I realised I was tied to the chair I was sat on. I looked around and I could make out that their was a bed so I must be in a bedroom. Just then I saw a figure move in the shadows and I was really scared. They came towards me and I tried to move back but I couldn't cause of my hands being tied. The person was now stood in front of me and stroked my cheek. I turned away in disgust but they grabbed my chin and made me face them.

"You are as pretty as he said"

"Get the fuck away from me you creep"

"Feisty just like he said as well"

"Who said?"

"For me to know and for you to find out very soon I would say"

"What is he to scared to just come himself?"

"Oh I wouldn't say that but let's just say he wanted me to scare you first"

I was really regretting wearing a short dress now and I should've just listened to Luke. Why did I have to be so stubborn? But why isn't Lauren coming to find me? She's probably to drunk to even know that I'm gone.

"Scare me how?"

He started running a hand up my leg and thigh. "I'm sure you can work that out"

"Leave me alone"

"Not sure I want to and I'm being paid and I know what happens to people who go against him. Now how about you shut up and we can have some fun"

"How you gonna do that if my hands are tied?" I knew if I didn't play along I wouldn't get out of here any time soon.

"I'm not that stupid"

"I won't run, I'm to drunk to even remember anything" this was a complete lie I'd only had a few drinks.

He went to the back of me and untied the rope and then stood back in front of me. I took this chance and kicked him in his area and ran for the door as he went down groaning. As I opened the door the sudden light made my eyes hurt and I realised I was still at the party but I wasn't gonna stay. I turned behind me and the man was starting to stand up so I took my heels off and carried on running with them in my hand. As i ran down the stairs I started pushing through people and I could hear him following me.

I managed to get out of the door and just started running not knowing where I was going. I looked behind me and the man was following me and wasn't that far behind. I was terrified and the adrenaline rushing through me made me to keep on running. As I turned back round I slammed into someone and I looked up to see Luke. Relief filled my body but his face showed anger. I looked at him with a panicked face and then he looked behind me to see the man. His anger turned on him and the started walking towards him.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing to my girlfriend?"

"Just doing my job"

Luke grabbed the man and slammed him into a car that was on the road next to us.

"Who the fuck are you working for?"

"As I said to the pretty girl, for me to know and you to find out very soon" Luke slammed him again.

"Don't ever call my girlfriend pretty, she's mine to call pretty not yours. And I'll ask again who the fuck are you working for?"

"Well let's just say you know him and he's closer than you think and he's gonna kill you and take you're girlfriend to be his"

Luke looked at me with horror and that's when I realised who he was talking about as well. Luke started to punch the man and he didn't look like he was gonna stop so I grabbed hold of his arm to make him stop.

"Luke let's just get out of here please" I looked him in the eyes and he nodded.

He punched the man one more time and then he put his arm around my waist and we walked off. I turned around to see the man looking at us holding his nose and smiling at us making me feel uncomfortable.

We got back to the apartment and my feet were killing me from having no shoes on, I walked straight into the bedroom to get changed and I put on my sweats and tied my hair up. When I walked back into the living room Luke was sat on the sofa just starring at the TV. I sat down next to him.

"I'm sorry I went to the party"

"I'm sorry I treated you like a kid"

"I didn't mean that I was just angry"

"Cause I was treating you like that" he turned to look at me, worry in his eyes. "And I should've gone with you cause that wouldn't of happened otherwise"

"Do you really think he's alive?"

"If he is we should leave"

"And go where?"

"Anywhere, you heard what that man said he is gonna kill me and take you for himself"

"But you killed him"

"I know"

"Ashton's dead"

"We never made sure, we got out of their straight away"

"But we were on the news about the murder"

"You know how clever Ashton is"

"Yeah"

"And that's what scares me the most"

Luke looked at me and for the first time he looked genuinely scared, that's what scares me the most.