Chapter Thirty Nine.

Chapter Thirty Nine.

Screams shouted through the corridor.

"What's going on?" I hear Christina ask.

I furrow my eyebrows and got to my feet, scanning the crowds around me. Why was everyone screaming?

Tris scrambled to her feet, her skin beginning to sweat. It was hot in the room.

Without a word, I begin to walk towards the noise. I came to the end of the corner and poked my head around.

Men dressed in black guarded a woman in bandages and casts. Nita.

Everyone else was trying to kill Nita.

Well, too bad. She's such an idiot to even come up with a plan, I'm not going to help her. She can screw herself for all I care.

"What is it?" Christina asks as I walk towards them I told them. "She's lucky I'm not going to murder her in her sleep. She should sleep with one eye open."

I grinned at her answer, and wander to the seats before plinking myself down. I couldn't be bothered today. I'm tired and I wish this fiasco hadn't happened.

"Someone has got to tell Uriah's family. Does he have any siblings?" I question, looking up to who knew Uriah best: Christina.

Christina groaned as if she hadn't thought of it before. "Yes. He has a brother, Zeke, and his mother, Hana."

Oh, shit. And they don't even know what happened to Uriah...

Tris sat besides me, placing a hand in my aching shoulder. "Go to bed. You're shattered. Get some rest and deal with it later."

Dragging a hand down my face, I nodded. My hands were clammy.

My whole body ached. I thought it was a good idea, going to bed.

***

I've been tossing and turning. I can't sleep.

Every time I hear footsteps outside the dorms, I resist the urge to walk out and check if everyone is alright.

And to smack Eric and Four for getting themselves in such a mess.

I force myself to stay.

My feet hurt and my back was killing me with the extra pounds I've added on my body. I sit up and pull my shirt up to reveal my belly.

"For some bizarre reason, I have back ache and I have a feeling you're causing it." I told my belly. "And another bizarre reason, I am going to smack your father." I snort, dropping my shirt.

I'm going crazy.

No I'm not, am I? Pregnant women talk to their unborn child, don't they?

Do crazy people deny the fact they're crazy?

Shaking the thought, I stand up. My bed's too hot now after the constant rolling around trying to get to sleep.

And I'm tired.

I surely wasn't planning in sleeping in another one's bed: Tris and Christina will be back soon, so their's is off limits, it won't feel right if I sleep in Uriah's bed, and I'm sure as hell I am not sleeping in Peter's.

That whack job would kill me with his shoelaces. No thank you!

But that only left Four and Eric....

Four won't be back soon, neither will Eric. And I'm sure Tris will find it uncomfortable if I'm sleeping in her boyfriend's bed....

I dove on Eric's bed. The pillows cushioning me as I used my own pillow as well as Eric's.

I fall asleep to the smell of Eric.

***

When I arose, I instantly notice the pain circling my body.

I groaned as I sat up. It was dark.

"Tris?" I whispered. Snores replied. Guessing it's late.

The floor seemed cold against my bare feet, the cool breeze wrapped around my figure as I walk out of the dorms and head to Uriah's room.

Christina was asleep on the chairs. She lay across four chairs and I knelt besides her, shaking her arm gently.

"Christina, go to bed." I said as she flickered her eyes open. The lights above us were dim.

"What time is it?" She croaked, pushing herself up in a sitting position. "Is Uriah awake?"

My heart dulled. "It's late. Or early. I don't know." I paused. "Go to bed, I can stay here until morning."

"What?" Christina rubbed her eyes. "No, no. You don't have to, honestly."

"It's okay, I've just had a nap. However you've slept on a bench where you'll get neck cramp." I assured her, standing up. "Got to bed, get some rest. If I have any news, I'll wake you up."

Christina got to her feet, thanking me before heading to bed. I sat down, groaning again as the pain never decreased.

Then I fell asleep.

Hello Little Outsiders!

I am in a really HAPPY mood today because today was the day that I got my exam results! I did much better than I expected!

Sorry that this chapter is shorter than normal, not feeling well has its disadvantages. I have been so tired lately!

How are you all?

C.I.