Chapter Twenty Five.

Chapter Twenty Five.

I could tell Eric was annoyed.

He practically dragged me up and down corridors, his hands not loosening one bit on my wrist. He thinks I'd run.

Which he was right. If this was only just be and him, I'd run straight back to Amity.

When we arrived at cell 384, Eric pulled a card out and swiped it in the machine next to the metal door.

The door whooshed open, which revealed a plain grey room. A built in bench and lights were dotted around the room.

Eric pushed me inside, and shut the door behind him. I sat on the bench. It was cold. And I was wet.

"Can I have, you know, dry clothes?" I asked when Eric crouched down to my level, and freed me from the handcuffs.

"I'll see what I can do." Eric replies plainly, tucking the cuffs in his back pocket. He scanned the room. "No cameras, feel free to talk about whatever."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Are you going to confess?" I asked after thinking what was up in his change of mood. Would he confess him being the father?

Eric snapped his eyes to mine, before sitting besides me. He leaned close, so close I began leaning back. "Not yet."

What the hell does that mean? Not yet?

"As I've said, I'm not breathing a word unless you do. I don't break promises." I said instead of my thoughts. "And I don't want to break it."

Eric looked away, and looked back when I looked away too. "I won't let anything happen to you. Or the baby." He says lowly, I thought I missed it. "Were you planning on keeping it?"

I eyebrows cross at the random question. "An abortion? Didn't even think of anything. I was planning on telling you, and then make a decision. It's yours too."

I didn't look at him when I said the words. I was afraid of seeing his face.

His placed his hand on mine. I felt him move, his breath was fanning my face. He placed his lips against my cheek. "Thank you." He let go, and didn't even wait for a response because he left.

And I wasn't sure how long after, someone else came into my cell and gave me the familiar black backpack that I'd used to run away from my Dad.

And do you know who that someone was? Peter.

"Well, I knew you were an idiot, but I didn't think you would come here." Peter said as if he was talking to an old friend.

We weren't. We were far from it.

"You." I hissed, "You're working for Erudite? After you used us to escape?"

Peter let a smirk slip on his face. He threw the bag at me. It smelt old and dusty.

"Well, I was working for Dauntless while you were under the simulation. And Tris black mailed me into find you and Four."

That must have been when she found out I was pregnant and Four was under a simulation.

"That's Tris for you." I shot him a not so nice smile. "How did you come to work for Erudite? Where were you when Dauntless came to Amity?" I growled the last words.

Peter shot me another grin. "So many answers to your questions. It doesn't matter to you, because all that matters is not that I'm working here and you're in a cell. You have bigger problems to think about."

Like Eric, he didn't wait for my answer. He left me with my bag of old stuff.

I rumaged through my clothes. I pull out a clean pair of underwear, socks, and the familiar black clothing. It reminded me of who I am.

Dauntless.

Peeling my soaked clothes away from my body, I used the a spare top to dry myself. When I was fully dry, I threw the clean clothes on me.

I was glad they found my bag, I don't think I could take it wearing anyone else's clothes for another day.

Rummaging through my bag again, I found the money I had stuffed in weeks before.

I stuffed those down my boots. I didn't save up one hundred quid for it to be thrown away.

Do you know how much food I could get with that?

Looking at my backpack, I stuffed the waterlogged clothes with the rest of the stuff. The door opened and stepped in was Peter.

"Come on, Candor."

"You can't call me that anymore. I wasn't Candor to start with." I snapped at him. Can you tell I'm annoyed with his presence?

Well, if you didn't, you do now.

I quickly put my hair up in a sloppy bun, before Peter pointed a gun at my back and took me to another room.

At the centre of room, was a table.

Jeanine was tapping at the computer, awkwardly as she had been stabbed in the hand. "Lie here, Cassie."

I didn't move. "Why?" I snapped.

Jeanine looked up at me. "Because, as I've said before, we are going to find out everything about you."

You won't get a word out from me. I promised Eric.

Peter stabbed the barrel of the gun in my back, making me jerk a step forward. He kept doing it until I was stood in front of the table.

When in refused, Peter removed the gun from my back and slammed me against the table. "Get on the table." He let go, and I sat on the table. When I didn't lie down, Peter pinned my shoulders down and clamped metal strips attached to the table to my wrists.

I couldn't move.

Jeanine smiled, as if impressed by Peter. Then she attached wires to my forehead, chest and stomach.

"Let's see what we have here." Jeanine looked up when the door opened. Eric stepped in wearing a serious expression.

"Hello, Eric. We were just conducting experiment number one." Jeanine welcomed him. "Weren't we, Cassie?" I growled at her in reply.

Eric stood by the wall, hands joined in front of him. He didn't said anything. He just... Watched.

Jeanine began tapping on the computer, then furrowed her eyebrows. She glanced at me, before going through another door, pulling another machine.

She attached a wire to my arm. Then began tapping on the computer screen.

"Your progress has improved since your last simulation. Exactly, how many weeks are you pregnant?" She eyed me for my answer.

Gosh, when did that Dauntless party happen? It seemed like a life time ago.

What was it? A couple weeks?

"None of your business." I smirked when I saw the look on her face. She thought I was actually going to answer that question.

Jeanine grumbled under her breath. "Eric, take her back to her cell."

And he did.