Chapter Thirty Two.

Chapter Thirty Two.

"What? Where's mum?" Caleb cut in. Tris ignored her, whether she heard it or not.

The woman, whose name was Zoe, told us to follow them into trucks. I wasn't the only one who hesitated.

"I think we should go," Tris murmured. "And we can leave when we want to."

I wasn't bothered: leaving when danger looms over us was a habit now. It was something I've grown used to.

None of us didn't argue, or disagree. We all followed Johanna and Zoe.

***

After a long drive, Zoe began talking about an abandoned airport which is now the Allegiant (which is people who want to get out of the city, I think) Government, also known as The Bureau of Genetic Welfare.

"What's an airport?" Four asked.

I stared at him. "You have no idea what an airport is? Or even a plane?"

Johanna looked through the rearview mirror. "They know nothing about those sorts of things from the outside."

I shrugged her comment off: I should have known that. Being in an isolated area was bound to have left a huge gap of knowledge.

I wonder if they know what a taxi is.

I sighed. They've missed out on so much. "A plane is another way of transportation, but instead of a car that is ground transportation, a plane is transportation in the air."

"What's an airport?" Four asked.

"It's a building where planes land and take off, and also where you go to get on the plane, whether to go on a holiday or another country."

"Country?" Tris asked.

"It's another area in another part of the world. Fascinating, actually."

"You know something that Jeanine doesn't." Tris smirked. "What happened to her, anyway?"

"Dead." Four cut in.

Silence settled over us, even Eric. He was staring out the truck window, occasionally clenching his jaw and his hands remained as a fist on his knee.

Honestly, it felt like I was sat next to a bomb.

I bit my lip, feeling hunger flood through me.

Exactly when was it I last eaten? Oh, right. The turkey sandwich.

"Johanna, do you have some food?" I asked. I felt embarrassed asking: but it had to be done. I felt like I haven't eaten in days.

"No, but we will be arriving at the airport soon." She replied.

I shut my eyes. May as well sleep when I can, right?

"Cassie!" Someone shook my shoulder. "We're here."

My eyes popped open. I found myself resting my head on Eric's shoulder, and my arm had cuddled his arm like a teddy.

I blinked hard- as if blinking out sleep, as I sat up.

Following Zoe and Johanna, they lead us to the entrance if the airport. Everyone was looking in wonder, except me: I've already been to an airport to meet my future husband.

My face screwed up at the thought.

"Need you to hand in any weapons you have." A guard said loudly. Suddenly, the gun I had stuffed in my waist band felt heavy. I dropped it in the tray.