Chapter Twenty Four.

Chapter Twenty Four.

They all pointed their guns at me.

"You know, Jeanine won't allow any of you to shoot me." I state. This is true. She wouldn't.

I guess she needed me good, and that she was just that type of person.

I eye the six Dauntless members, all wearing the blue band around their arm to show their alliance with Erudite. They weren't controlled. At least, one isn't.

Eric's lower half of his body was soaked. Like most of my clothes. And my hair. Eric looked down at me, his chin almost touching his chest as he was standing so close to me, and the fact I was sat down.

"Cassie." Eric greeted blankly. His eyes were hard.

"Eric." I cheerfully said his name in a sarcastic manner. "How nice of you to bump into you here."

Eric didn't reply, but looked up and at his soldiers. When he looked down at me again, he bent down and dragged me to my feet.

He wouldn't let go of my hand.

"Hey!" I protested, digging my heels in the mud. Then it became hard as we stalked through the water again and the mud just slipped under my feet.

I looked at my soaked boots, and grinned. He wants it be difficult? Okay then. Two can play at that game.

I leaned back, whilst digging my heels in the ground. My waterlogged hair made my head fall back. It was heavy.

Eric snapped: "If you don't stop, I will be forced to carry you."

I shot daggers at the back of his head, still not making it easy for him. His grip on my hand tightened, and when I pushed him far enough, he wrenched my hand forward, making me stumble after it, and he threw me on his shoulders.

"Ow!" I yelled as my stomach connected with his shoulder. Eric threw me further onto his shoulder, so that I was now dangling off his shoulder by my hips. My face practically in his ass.

I punched his back. "Put me down!" No reply. "Put me down you bastard!" Then after that, my vocabulary became very colourful. The sort I do not want to repeat.

We reached the fields of Amity, I was suddenly aware where Eric's hands were. I punched his back, and his hands tightened around the back of my thigh.

Upsidedown, I knew there was a black car waiting for me. The door was wide open and Eric was heading straight for it.

I looked upwards, dizzy. And I glanced over at the cafeteria window. Johanna was pressed up against the window, her face cool as it was when I held her gaze only minutes ago. She nodded small nod, and I nodded back.

Behind her was the Amity. Next to her was Tris, Four and Caleb. All disappointed. Disappointed that they couldn't do anything. They'd be killed.

I rose my hand up towards them and let it fall again.

"Catch you later," I mouth towards Tris. I was going to see them again. This isn't a goodbye.

It never is.

***

Eric sat next to me in the car. It was deathly silent.

I didn't like it.

Every so often, he'd clear his throat, but I kept my eyes glued to the window. I refuse to look at him.

How can you look at someone when you known that they know who and what they are handing you over to? You can't.