Chapter Thirty Seven.

Start from the beginning

Tris got checked by a doctor first, she got stitches. She tried to protest that someone who is more seriously injured should go first, but the doctor ignored her protests and carried in sowing Tris's cheek.

When the doctor came to me, she cleaned my face with antiseptic and sows up my wound. She then cleaned the blood on my stomach with a wipe.

"Doctor, she's pregnant, would the baby be okay?" Tris said but only one word got through to my brain.

Baby.

God, I have been so focused on Uriah and Tris and getting help I completely forgot about the baby.

Am going to be a bad mother! Who even forgets they're pregnant?!

The doctor rose is eyebrows. "Are you pregnant?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, the baby will be fine, right?"

The doctor turned his back before rolling a machine to me. "I don't know. Have you landed on your stomach? Are there any pains?"

"Kind of," I thought of the rubble scratching my stomach. "And no pains. I feel fine."

I lay back and the doctor almost immediately squirted jelly before rubbing it in with the handle of the machine connected by a wire.

Black and white filled the screen. I couldn't tell if the baby was okay or not. I couldn't even tell from the look on the doctor's face, either.

"Your baby looks fine, Cassie. But if you experience any pain or dizziness, please find me." He began to switch off the machine but I stopped him.

"Can you print that? The picture of the baby?"

The doctor nodded and quickly printed two off. He gave them me and Tris and I were on our way.

***

Tris goes ahead to find Christina.

If I knew what that plan was, I could have stopped it. Maybe knock Nita out cold and put her in a cell. Was she seriously willing to kill a group of people to get some serum? Death serum?

And who does she want to kill, anyway?

What happened to the normal way? What happened to the good old gun?

Some man brushed past me, leaving blood staining my arm. I cringed, but carrying on ahead.

I stop at a large window. Looking through it I nearly burst into tears. Uriah is on the hospital bed, wires dangling off his arms and chest. A bandage had been wrapped around his head.

Doctors were inside, holding clipboards and talking to each other. I placed my hand on the window, and I banged my forehead against it.

If I took Uriah away from the wall, he would be alive, right?

But how could I have known? All this mess is Nita's fault. She's the reason why my friend, even if we barely spoke to each other, is tied to a bed by wires and currently on the brink of death.

"Stupid bitch." I mutter. Wait until I get my hands on her, I swear she will regret she had came up with this pathetic and stupid plan of hers.

I let my hand fall, with left an imprint of blood. I looked away and stormed to where Christina and Tris was: they were sat on a bench down the corridor.

"Are you okay?" Christina asks and I nod. "Did you hear that Four and Eric are arrested?"

I snorted loudly. "Believe me, I know. They are part of the reason that Uriah is in that room right now."

"And there's still no update on Uriah, they won't let me in." Christina cuts in before Tris could say anything.

"They work differently here. We are not at home anymore. Maybe they need space." Tris tries to say coolly, but her anger shows more.

"On the outside, doctors won't say anything unless they know for sure." I comment.

Silence looms over us for a second, but my anger never dims.

"I don't know about you, but I'm going to pay someone a little visit. And its not going to be a nice one, either." I hissed. My anger wasnt directed at either Christina or Tris, but at Four and Eric and at myself: I could have stopped them if I knew.

Tris jumped to her feet. "I'm going."

"I'm staying." Christina says quietly. "I can't even look at them right now."

I placed my hand on her shoulder. "We'll come back as soon as we're done."

And then we left. My anger rising as I took a step closer to the boys.