Chapter 1

Hi! Here is the first chapter of my new story. Much love. xoxo

Chapter 1

"KAI!! Get the hell up, you're going to be late for work!" My eyes popped open and I smiled. Today was my first day of work, Monday. I had gotten a job as a hair and makeup artist for The CW and my assignment was with Arrow. I had gotten a small apartment in Vancouver for myself, and I had found a roommate who, coincidentally, worked on Supernatural. I jumped out of bed and ran into the shower, pulling on some jeans and a black tank top with a nicer sweater. I didn't want to look like a total slob on my first day of work. I grabbed my purse, and an apple and headed out. The sun was just beginning to peek through the horizon and I smiled. I got an apartment close enough to the studio so I could walk, and five minutes after leaving, I was approaching the lot. I showed my card, which I was given when I got the job and headed over to where I thought the trailers would be. I was kind of meandering about when I ran right into a body. I reeled back and almost fell, but I felt a steadying hand on my shoulder and when I looked up it was freaking Emily Bett Rickards. I should say that before I got this job I was a huge fan of Arrow and Felicity was one of my favorite characters. I began to stutter, "I- I- I- I'm so sorry. Oh my gosh."

Emily smiled and said, "It's okay. You must be new. I'm Emily. Do you need help finding your way?"

I blushed and said, "Yeah, I am the new makeup and hair person, and I am kind of lost. Oh, and I'm Kai."

"Well, Kai, that's just where I was headed. Follow me."

She and I walked together until we reached a long trailer. When I walked in she sat down on one of the chairs and I put my stuff down, and grabbed some makeup, as not to keep Emily waiting. She chuckled and said, "If you need time to get settled, please take it. We have some time before we start shooting."

I sighed and said, "Yes, thank you. Can you come back in an hour and bring everyone else with you?"

"You sure you can handle all of us?" She asked me, concerned.

"I handled twice as many when I did Fashion Week. I will be just fine, but I was just a little flustered because new job and whatnot."

Emily chuckled and said, "Okay. Be back in an hour."

She got up and left, and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I looked around the trailer and began to realize that this space was all mine. I smiled and grabbed the script and the list of looks that I had been given, knowing that the men's looks were going to be easier than the women. I began running around setting up five stations for every cast member. Stephen at the far left, David next to him, Colton next to David, Katie next to Colton, and then Emily next to Katie. I put their names on the mirrors, and then began gathering the makeup. All of it was labeled, but it looked horrendous. I knew when they were shooting and I wasn't doing touch-ups, I was going to have to reorganize all of this. Who ever the last makeup person was, had a horrible system. I rolled my eyes and began getting all of my stuff set up, so they could come in, and be out quickly.

Before I knew it, Emily was back, and she peeked into the trailer and said, "You ready?"

I nodded and said, "Tell everyone to find their name and let them know that when they come in from now on, that is their spot."

She nodded and let the door close. A moment later, she walked in followed by Katie, Colton, David, and Stephen. I was a little star struck, but I was determined to keep it professional. I smiled as they all found their spots and sat down. I started with Emily, and she closed her eyes and I allowed myself to drift away, but still I had to stay with her. About five minutes later I tapped her shoulder to tell her that I was done. Her eyes popped open and she looked completely shocked. I chuckled and said, "The advantages of doing fashion: quicker finish times."

I did the same with all the cast and when I got to Stephen I couldn't help but blush just a little. He looked at me and said, "Everything okay?"

"Yeah. I just can't believe I'm here. A few weeks ago I was doing hair and makeup for Diane Von Furstenberg, and now here I am putting makeup on The Arrow, and the funny thing is, I have had more fun in two hours here, than I did in all those years in fashion."

He smiled at me and said, "Well, welcome, and I am glad you are here. You seem chill and very organized."

My knees almost buckled at that but I kept my cool.