I slam my trunk and make my way to the apartment complex. The door flies open and a pretty dark skinned girl hurries out. She holds the door opened for me with a pretty smile on her face. I check her out as I walk pass her. She blushes a little and looks away from me.

"Thanks." I say to her, before she closes the door.

I turn around to check her out from behind. She looks good.

I continue inside the building, until I see an elevator. I just stand there, letting Mel take over my thoughts. I find myself getting angry and sad at the same time. I'm upset that I left Mel and came alone, and I'm sad that I felt like I had to leave her. Part of me felt like I should have listened to her. I had always told her that we were bigger than that. I didn't give her a chance to explain to me. All I heard was that Cameron might be her child's father, and I was gone.

Man, this girl had made me cried more than I felt is necessary. She knows that I love her ass. She knows that I'm down for whatever, when it comes to her happiness. I just don't understand why she felt that she need to be with Cameron. Hell, sexually . . . I know that I take care of my baby. Whatever she likes, daddy gets it done for her. She doesn't have to ask twice.

I stare off in space, thinking about the night after prom when Mel and I were laying in bed and talking with one another. That night everything felt so right. I felt like I had my baby with me. Truthfully, Mel is the only girl that can get me to act all soft. She has a way with me that makes me want to be that kind of guy for her. I always said she deserves the best. I meant what I said, when I told her that I am the way that I am for her.

"Are you going to get on, or what?"

I snap out of my thoughts and turn around to the voice. It's the pretty girl that had opened the front door for me. I let my eyes travel from the sandals on her manicured feet all the way up to her cut off shorts. My eyes go up to her yellow button up shirt. I finally let my eyes rest on hers and notice just how pretty her almond shape eyes are.

"Well?" She asks with a smile on her face as she walks pass me and steps onto the elevator.

"Yeah, I'm sorry." I say as I follow her. "You're beautiful." I have never been the type to bite my tongue on how I feel, and I wasn't going to start now.

She blushes and looks down at the floor. She peeks at me and shakes her head. She pushes the number four button on the elevator. "What floor?"

"Four also." I set my box down on the floor.

She gives me a shy smile. I'm a sucker for good girls. That's why I fell for Mel. My baby used to be innocent.

I lick my lips and look at her from the corner of my eyes. She pretends to be focusing on the elevator doors, but I know that she wants to look at me.

"I'm Jason." I decide to break the silence. "I'm new to the neighborhood. So new that my things aren't coming, until tomorrow." I give her a big grin.

"Jason, I'm Ashlee." She holds her hand out to me. I take her hand and give it a light shake. Then, I bring her hand to my lips and kiss it gently. She giggles a little and snatches her hand away from me just as the doors open up. "Charming, huh?"

I pick my box up and follow behind her out the elevator. I don't say anything as I watch her walk in front of me.

"What apartment are you in, Jason?"

"Um . . . Apartment four fifteen."

"That's across from me. It's all the way down the hall. Looks like we're going to be neighbors, huh?" She tries not to smile, but I hear it all in her voice. "Where are your parents?"