Dance

To say Ashlyn was nervous was a understatement. She was practically vibrating with nerves as she paced around her room. She didn't know why she was this nervous—it wasn't like she hadn't done recitals before.

She had done plenty. Hell—she had done the nutcracker multiple times and she was fine. Why was this year different?

Oh right.

She was a lead this time.

Ashlyn swallowed the sinking feeling in her gut. Oh dear lord someone give her a barf bag please. She was shaking so much with nerves she could t breathe. Just the thought of those blinding lights all on her, the itchy stupid costume—and oh god the music and the clapping. That damned loud clapping.

Just thinking about it made her feel overstimulated. She took in a deep breath and sat down.

Ok Ashlyn, breathe. Just breathe. Your fine—completely fine. Nothing was going to happen.

Your fine.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
She was not fine.

Ignoring the rational voice in the back of her head that told her she was being paranoid—she stood up and paced again. God this was so nerve racking.

Maybe she should practice again just to be sure? Or—agggh! Ashlyn didn't know.

She just needed to do something. She tapped her foot, stimming. She didn't even notice she was twisting and turning until she spun around. The feeling soothing to her.

Right.

That was why she liked to dance.

Turning on her speaker, with a song she liked, Ashlyn danced.

She twist and turned, her turns Turing into graceful spins as she danced to her hearts content. Her braids spun around her like a fiery tornado, she was sure she looked like one right now.

That was fine, she liked being a tornado.

She liked dance.
.
.
.

.
.
.
No she loved dance. She lived for it. She breathed it.

"Just dance."

Ashlyn repeated the notion in her head over and over as she slowly fell into a comfortable tempo, following along to the beat of the music.

Dance and dance your worries away.

Dance your stress away.
.
.

.
.
.
Just dance.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
And you'll be ok.
.
.
.

.
.
.
Yeah. She was ok.
.
.

.
.
She was going to be just fine.
.
.
.
.

As the first song ended, another one began. Ashlyn smiled, in the zone. She danced her heart away, her nerves leaving her body. And as the day fell into the night, she danced. She danced her stress and troubles away.

She smiled.

What a beautiful thing it was.

(A/N: WHATS UP POOKIES DOUBLE UPDATE TODAY >:D)