The Girls and The Gay

Ashlyn, Taylor, and Logan sat on a bed in one of the Clark guest rooms. Aiden had asked them to stay the night, which they agreed to. Taylor insured on being in the same room as Ashlyn and Logan, stating that: 'the girls and the gay need to stick together.'

Taylor sat on the bed, doing Ashlyn's hair, while Logan sat behind Taylor, doing Taylor's hair.
"So, why did you insist that we go in here Taylor?" Ashlyn asked.
Taylor smiled. "What? Am I not allowed to have fun with my friends?"
"It's not that Tay—" Logan explained. "It's just that you kicked Ben, Aiden, and Tyler out of this room, stating that it was only girls allowed."
"Which makes no sense because Logan's a boy, which means you want to talk to both of us," Ashlyn pointed out.
"First of all," Taylor said, pointing a finger at Ashlyn. "Who the hell are you? Sherlock Holmes? Second of all—" she pointed at Logan. "He's gay."
"What does that have to do with literally anything?!" Logan asked.
"Us girls and gays have to stick together," Taylor shrugged.
Logan and Ashlyn shared a collective sigh. Taylor smiled to herself.
"Mostly though, it was because I just wanted to hang out with you guys." Taylor admitted. "I don't have very many friends that I can talk to about stuff,"
"Don't you know like—half the school?" Ashlyn said bluntly, earning her a smack on the head from Logan.
"Yeah but I wouldn't really consider them my friends..just like.." Taylor waved her hand around. "Y'know?"
"Not really," Ashlyn said.
"No." Logan said as well.
"Ah..right. They just..they don't really know me. They know me when I'm talking and just having fun..but like...not me 'me', y'know?" Taylor explained.
"I think I know," Logan said. "It's like—they know the person you act like, the mask you wear, but not you as a person, right?"
"Exactly!" Taylor said.
"I can't really relate," Ashlyn said. "I don't really have friends."
"You have us," Taylor smiled at Ashlyn. "We'll be your friends for you ash!"

Ashlyn smiled, trying to hide her guilt. Here they were, so nice and kind to her. Unaware that she was sort of deceiving them. Seeing them as Ashlyn and then also talking to them as Ms. Kevin?
It wasn't fair to them. She couldn't have both.
Taylor laughed, flopping behind her and bringing her and Logan down.
"God if only the whole group were here!"
"The whole group..?" Ashlyn asked.
"Oh that's right—you wouldn't know," Logan said, trying (and failing) to get Taylor off of him. "We have a group chat, and one of our friends aren't here,"
"It's a shame we don't know who she really is. She and Ashlyn would probably get along so well!" Taylor said as Logan accepted his fate—being squished by Taylor.
Ashlyn frowned. Oh. They were talking about her.
"Are they really your friend though?" Ashlyn asked. "I mean—surely your friend would've told you who they are at this point."
Taylor sat up, and Logan frowned.
"She's just a lil shy!" Taylor said, defending Ashlyn's alter ego. "I'll like her no matter who she is!"
"And if she doesn't like you guys?"
"She likes us! Otherwise why else would she still talk to us?"

"She could just be faking it," Ashlyn said. She really wanted to distance the group from her now. She didn't need them as Ms. Kevin, and she certainly didn't need them as Ashlyn. Just ghost them or make them hate her. It would hurt, but it would do her friends good. It would allow them to go in with their lives. Without her.
Taylor went quiet. "Well...what would you know? You don't even know her. She's a good person. I know she is."
Ashlyn flinched at Taylor's tone. Was she that upset?
"Yeah but—"
"Can you—" Taylor interrupted Ashlyn, holding back probably waves of anger. "Can you NOT? She's my friend. I don't need to know much more than that.."
Logan glanced at the two girls. This day was going so good. He didn't want it to end with a sour taste in their mouths.
"Tay it's ok—"
"Not it's not." Taylor glared a little at Ashlyn. "You can't talk about my friend that way. You don't even know her."
Ashlyn bit her tongue.
"Whatever," Ashlyn turned away. She got up, starting to walk out of the room.
"Hey—Ashlyn! Where are you going?" Logan asked. Oh no no no. It shouldn't end like this!
"Home. This was a mistake." Ashlyn snapped.
Taylor looked away. She felt bad, but she was too angry to admit it now.
Logan stood up. "Ah—wait—"
Too late. Ashlyn slammed the door shut, stomping down to downstairs. She ignored the others calls after her, and left.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Looks like her plan was going good.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
But then why did it hurt so much?

(A/N: Usually I don't do this—BUT HOLY SHIT THIS STORY HIT 17K READS. 17K?!? I WAS ONLY EXPECTING THIS TO BARELY GET TO 1K. HOLY SHIT. ILY GUYS SO MUCH YOU ARE THE REASON I CONTINUE TO WRITE THIS. THANK YOU SO MUCH TvT)