33.2

The Shadow

There was a buzz in my brain, I had stopped thinking, the revelation that was in front of me numbed my whole body. I looked at Adwith, who was as still as a statue, "She was...killed?" he mumbled, "Well if this is her handwriting, then...yes. She was killed" I paused, "By Aaya"

"I do not...understand" Adwith said, "It would have made more sense, if it had said Meera" he continued, "That is what you are worried about? Your Bhabhi didn't die because of an unexplainable disease, she was killed, tortured and that is what you are most worries about?" I almost screamed, "I do not know what to think, how to think. You think I am not shocked, angry; you think I don't feel useless? I am feeling everything at the same exact time. But my biggest worry...is how am I supposed to tell this to my brother. He will die." He shouted at me.

I didn't flinch by his sudden outburst. Tears struck my eyes, "Then don't" I whispered, "What?" he looked at me wide eyed, "Don't tell him" I said again, "I have only heard about what he went through, when...she was dying. He couldn't meet her and he still feels guilty, for not being there for her. If he finds out, that she was killed, that this was just a scheme to murder her and he fell right in the trap, I can only imagine what will happen.

"I cannot...I don't want to live without him. I can't" I said my chin wobbling, "So you want me to lie to my brother?" he asked me, "I want you to protect your king and this kingdom" I said.

"Bhabhi...that's betrayal." He whispered.

"If a betrayal is going to save my husband, I can betray him thousand more times" I said.

"And what about Aaya?" he asked, "Its impossible she did this alone" I told him.

It was true, Meera was the one who was supposed to stay with Maharani Renuka at all times, she wasn't to leave the room and if that is the truth, then the main question would be how did Aaya did whatever that she did.

"How was she killed? She spoke with my brother almost every day. Why did she not say anything?" Adwith asked, "The people keeping her 'captive' lived in the same room as her, it was impossible for her to say anything. And maybe that is why she wrote everything down, in the hopes that one day maybe Ranvijay will open those doors and find that book" I reasoned.

We were getting out of the room, well I was, he was to lock the door and come from those secret passages. He came running, "I don't think I can do this; I have never hidden anything from my brother" Adwith said, his eyes were red, he must have cried.

She touched his shoulder, "Adwith, I will tell him, but not right now, not today. One day when he is ready to take the news. And I know its going to come faster than you know, I want him to kill the person responsible for her death" I glanced up to the ceiling, trying not to let those forbidden tears fall.

"You are taking this better than I thought" I asked him, the question had lingered in my mind for far too long, "I may not look like I am crying, but my heart is bleeding. Not for my brother who lost his wife, but for my self as I lost my second mother and I couldn't do anything about it" tears shone in his eyes.

He was hurt, he loved his Bhabhi Ma as much as someone might love their mother.

Mother was a word that was never meant for the one who gave birth to you, even though she is the true holder of it, mother is also someone who loves you unconditionally, without asking anything from you in return, who cries when you fall, who laughs when you smile. My mother was my everything, and I can only imagine what it must feel like to lose your mother twice.

"What is the plan?" he asked, wiping away his tears, "I am going to make her admit to every one of her crimes" I said in a deep voice, no hint of sympathy. I knew I was talking like my alternate self again.

It was time I, Ada Ranvijay Singh met the Shadow again.

DOUBLE UPDATE!

Short chapter I know, but well still. I knew the chapter was too end like this only. 

I know you must be thinking what the actual fuck is going on, but let me tell you, you are going to love it. 

Also Part 3 of this book will start shortly. 

There is just so much to write and so much to express. 

Please give it all of your love. 

I will try to make the next chapter, long, like really long and make it the last chapter of Part 2. 

Until the next chapter folks!