13

Vote please (It will make me happy!!🥺)

Onto the chapter nowwww...

The Light

"I have news" my little brother says, copying my deep voice, "What news?" I ask him, "I think I may have found her father" he says his voice shushed, "Whose father?" I ask, confused.

"The Shadow's? You asked me to find her relative?" he says his voice dripping with mockery towards my forgetfulness, "Ah! Yes, I forgot" "Where is he?" I ask, "In the dungeon, behind bars" he says, "You can't really just imprison someone because he or she is related to her" I say displeased, "I knew you would say that, but the man isn't really all that innocent, he has done crimes, like he runs illegal gambling houses, blackmailing complaints, robbery..." "Ok I get your point, now let's meet the father of the infamous Shadow, shall we"

"You are talking about her as if she is some sort of hero" he mocks, "Just move" I said irritated.

When I came face to face with the man, I didn't see any resemblance whatsoever with her, nothing matched, not even the eye colour, "Daya (Mercy) Maharaj! Daya! I apologize for whatever I have done" he begs, getting down on his knees, his hands adjoined, "Have you seen her before?" my brother asks without wasting time, holding up a scroll, with her portrait in it, it looked brand new.

"When did you get that made" I ask, "That is not important" he argues, "Maharaj, she looks familiar, she looks like someone I knew" the man says, "We know, she is your daughter, what we need to know is what is her name?" I tell him.

"She is not my daughter Maharaj, in fact I don't even have a daughter and regarding her name, I have no idea what it is" he confesses, "What do you mean she is not your daughter?" My brother said angrily, "I swear on devi ma (Goddess) that she is not my daughter and I don't know her name, please have daya!" he begged, crying now, snot coming from his nose. I couldn't believe he could be lying, but to confirm, "Bring her down here, tell her I have called her" I tell my brother, who understands my intentions and leaps out of the dungeon to get her.

"Let...Let me go" I hear her voice before I see her, being tough like always, "Why did you bring me here? Again." she asked, definitely not pleased with her so called abduction, "Oh please! Calm down" I tell her, "I have a job for you" I say, while turning my head raising my eyebrows in the direction of the man.

She looks at him, and something changes in her demeanour, her eyes go feral, "YOU" she screams and the man gets a shock, "I will kill you!" She says and attacks him, planting a strong punch on his face, I could her a crack from here.

"Brother, take her off of him" I sighed shaking my head, he did as I said, but it took a lot of his strength to keep her grounded in place, "Where did you find him? I am going to kill him, King and I don't want you interrupting me" she spits, her eyes wide and steam coming out of her ears, she is out for blood!

"Is he your father?" I ask her, "Yes, unfortunately" she sighs, motioning my brother to let her go as she is calm.

"But he is saying he is not" My brother intervenes, "He is lying clearly, the way he hit me and my mother, definitely looked like he was her husband" she snarls.

"He hit you?" the question rolls out of my tongue.

"That's not the point right now brother, we need to find out who is lying here?" my brother says, "I am telling the truth" She looks at him with disbelief, "This man is the reason I loathe your gender, he is the reason I became what I am today, I would never lie about him" She bellows, "What she is saying is the truth too" the man says his head hung low, "For her I was her father, neither her mother nor I tried to correct the little misunderstanding we had between us" he adds.