17

The Shadow

He was just not listening to me.

He was basically inviting trouble on his doorstep and I knew that he knew that.

My enemies were everywhere, I had lied that I had no enemies, but at that time I was too full of ego. But now, the trouble was right in front of me and I cant do anything.

I had received several different notes from different people, all telling me they were coming and this time they will kill me. I didn't hate the idea of death, but if they entered the palace they wont stop after killing me, I feared a lot of the servants and attendees might lose their lives and I didn't want that.

I was lost in my own thoughts when I heard a voice, "You look distressed princess" I turned around to see Adwith standing there.

"I am no princess" I answered.

"Hm, but you are going to be queen, aren't you excited?" He asked walking towards me, "I would have been more excited if he put me in prison or something" I responded.

"Really?" he looked surprised, "He is just bringing doom on his kingdom" I said, "My brother knows what he is doing" he argued, "Yeah, that's what he said" I cracked my neck.

"We got off on the wrong foot, Shadow" he started, "Friends?" he put out his hand and I looked at him, dumbfounded.

"Is this a trick? Am I supposed to say yes?" I asked, "No it isn't a trick" he sat down in front of me, his hand still in front of him, "Fine" I rolled my eyes and shook his hand.

"Well, now that it is settled that we are friends, please tell me who you met that night?" he asked, "I knew your intentions were not pure and what night?" I asked, irritation reflected in my tone.

"The night I caught you in the market?" he cocked his eyebrow, I took a deep breath, he already knew the truth, I just had to say it. "My assistant" I told him, closing my eyes in frustration, "Why?" he smirked, "To give him a message" I answered, "What message?" he questioned, I sighed, "That the enemies have found me, they know where I am. One wrong step and we are killed. Look out. Then I left and found you and you dragged me here" I told the truth.

I did meet my assistant that day, a scrawny little boy (he is huge and is 2 years older than me), who made me his master (He is my childhood friend, who has vowed to look after me) and now does my bidding.

"I found him" He told me, darkness filled my eyes, I took the collar of his kurta and jerked him closer to me, "You hurt that man, I will make sure you die the most tortured death" I whisper in his ear, my voice deep and dangerous.

"Don't worry, I have no intentions to hurt him" he jerked away from my grip, "And why do you think you will be able to kill me?" he asked, "A reason to kill is enough of a driving force for me to complete the job, I have killed your great general Hirav, you are small in front of him" I smirk, boasting about my kills.

He sighed and got up, "You might become my Bhabhi, but you will never take my Bhabhi ma's place" he said, "I don't intend to" I respond back.

But his words hurt as if somebody put a thousand needles in my heart.

He left me there, alone, with my thoughts. Which were killing me, I just wanted my comfort items. My weapons.

I wanted to cry, I felt like crying, I didn't belong in this place, nobody was mine, nobody cared!

I laid on my bed and closed my eyes wishing that somebody kills me tonight, I was sick of it. All of it.

I was brave enough to accept death from somebody's hands, but not enough to take my own life.