037: closure

"What are you doing?" I giggle when Theo peppers kisses all over my face. He playfully restricts my arms when I try to get away from him. "Theo, it's tickling me," I manage to say between small laughs.

I couldn't help but relax into his touch, feeling the tension melt away with each tender gesture. When I try to tell him that it doesn't even hurt anymore, Theo is quick to soothe me with soft words and comforting kisses on my forehead.

"You deserve kisses and cuddles today." Gently, Theo takes my left hand in his. After examining the bandaged finger, he drops a kiss over my knuckles. "And I'm sorry for scolding you earlier," he murmurs.

Once he feels satisfied with placing feather-light kisses all over my face and neck, Theo wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me into a warm embrace. "You have no idea how precious you are to me, Princess," he whispers, pressing a soft kiss to my temple. "I hate to see you in pain."

I lean into his embrace, feeling grateful for his love and care. A warmth spreads across my cheeks, and a fuzzy feeling settles in my stomach. "Thank you for taking care of me, Theo," I murmur, snuggling closer to him.

In this very moment, surrounded by his warmth and affection, I realise that he unintentionally makes me fall for him more and more each day.

"And that was barely scolding," I say, smiling up at him. I quickly peck him on his cheek before continuing. "I know I worried you guys. And I'm sorry for being so careless. But I swear that has never happened before," I quickly add in my defence.

After my little mishap, Theo and Adrien finished making the dinner. Everyone was silent at the dinner table tonight. Theo kept glancing at me and shaking his head in what I could only assume to be disapproval. And my brother didn't bring up anything, either, other than looking worried over something.

"What's wrong?" Theo asks when I become completely silent.

Should I really tell him? But what if I end up making him feel uncomfortable? Just like that time I asked about him ever being in love...

"Princess?" Theo calls again.

I blink a few times slowly. "Uh, can I ask you something?" I say, my voice hesitant.

"Of course," he replies without missing a beat.

I take in a deep breath and look into his eyes. "Why are you here, Theo?" I blurt out and then mentally facepalm myself when I realise how rude it sounded. "I mean, is there any particular reason you are here or..."

Theo's arms tighten on my waist before he lets go of me. When he sits up on the bed, I follow suit, thinking to myself that I struck a nerve. Yet again.

'Well, there's no going back now.'

"Theo," I say softly, placing my hand on top of his. "Will you please tell me what's wrong? Have I done something? Or did something happen that upset you?"

"Is this why you were distracted?"

"Huh?" I tilt my head to the side and furrow my brows in confusion.

"Back in the kitchen, when I asked you what you were thinking about," he says. "You were thinking about this?" He lifts the corner of his lips in a half-smile.

"How did you know?"

"You're not exactly difficult to read, Princess. You're like a book," Theo says grinning. "A cute book." He chuckles.

"I..." I don't know if I should be offended at the fact that I am easy to read, or be flattered that he called me cute. "Okay, whatever." I quickly dismiss. "So, uh, you didn't answer my question yet."