013: party

I pull down on my short black dress one last time and take a deep breath to calm my nerves before entering into Noah's place. It looks a lot like the last time I was here. The place is booming with loud music and the inside of it reeks of alcohol and sweat of all the teenagers present here. Not a great combination.

Alex and Sarah had picked me up on their way. And I may or may not have sneaked out of my own house for the very first time. In my defence, Adrien already had plans of his own to hang out with his friends. And I told him that I would be staying back home tonight like usual and won't be going anywhere. So, technically, it isn't sneaking out, right? I just didn't inform him of my plans and left the place after him.

'Yup, I didn't do anything wrong.' I'll keep reminding myself of that whenever my confidence starts to wear off. Now I just have to make sure to get back home before my brother does.

"Stick with me at all times, okay?" Sarah shouts over the loud music to me and starts walking us away from the front door, with Alex walking closely by her other side. He immediately spots one of his friends and goes up to the group.

"Okay," I reply. "Did I tell you how good you look in this red dress?"

Sarah is wearing a bold red dress with a matching lipstick. She has lightly curled her blonde hair and has done a bold eye makeup. While on the other hand, I am wearing a short black dress with matching heels. I didn't want to overdo anything so I just let my hair down naturally and did my basic makeup look. I think I did a pretty decent job at dressing up for a highschool party. Or at least I hope I did. The dress is shorter than what I usually wear. My heels are already starting to hurt my feet, though.

"You did." Sarah giggles at me. "But you look smoking hot, girl. Guess you took my advice after all, huh?" She teases with a smirk. "I bet Noah wouldn't be able to take his eyes off of you." She nudges me lightly on the shoulder.

"Shut up," I mumble, feeling slightly embarrassed. The dress I'm wearing shows just enough cleavage that I'm comfortable with.

"Come on, let's get a drink." Sarah says, already pushing her way through the crowd and leading us to the kitchen.

My eyebrows shoot up at that. "Already? But we just got here."

"So? We need to have a drink and loosen up. How else are you supposed to let go and enjoy yourself?"

I decide not to argue with her on that.

The two of us finally make it to the kitchen, with Sarah occasionally pushing people out of the way. The kitchen is mostly empty compared to the rest of the house. It has a large countertop in the centre having various kinds of canned drinks, large bowls filled with chips and several dips and many other snacks. Soon, Alex returns and joins us in the kitchen.

I lean back on the counter and help myself to the chips that Sarah holds out to me. Alex inspects the drinks and I watch as his girlfriend holds out a chip to him, but when he opens his mouth to accept it, she leads it away from him and eats it herself. Alex rolls his eyes while I just shake my head with a laugh. Settling on one of the drinks, Alex pours it into red solo cups and hands them out to us, taking one for himself.

Taking the cup, I hold it out in front of me to have a good look. I thought they only used such cups in movies. Smiling to myself, I throw my head back and down the drink in one swift motion. Wincing slightly, I squeeze my eyes shut as the liquid burns down my throat. 'That tasted weird...'

As I recover from the drink, Sarah listens intently to the music for a few seconds that is blaring from the speakers before her face brightens up with recognition. She tugs on my arm and exclaims in pure excitement, "It's our favourite song!"