019: finally

[warning: nsfw content ahead]

I leave Noah's side and make my way towards the restroom. I quickly get inside and lock the door behind me. This evening wasn't that bad so far. In fact, I was quite enjoying myself with Noah. His presence and his personality is fun to be around. For a moment, I had almost forgotten that I had a dilemma. I was even considering giving Noah a chance, because why not? He is cute and is nice to me, and others as well.

Until Theo showed up.

How did he even end up here? Is it purely a coincidence or did he know where I was gonna be? No, that sounds ridiculous. How would he have known? Sarah didn't tell me about meeting up in a club until last night. Over text. So, Theo could not have known about it. And besides, he isn't here alone. Clearly he didn't follow me here. Why am I overthinking and complicating the simple things in my life?

I pace back and forth to spend sometime. I don't actually have to use the restroom. If I go out there, Theo might see me. But I also can't spend the rest of my evening hiding here. Now what do I do? Should I just go back there and tell them I'm not feeling well anymore?

'Would that even work...?'

I stare at my reflection in the mirror and rack my brain for excuses but none of them sound plausible. Seriously though, why do I always land myself in situations like these? I put so much effort in getting ready for tonight, mentally prepared myself before coming to this club, and I was really hoping that everything would turn out well. But nope. Life just keeps throwing curveballs at me.

My thoughts are interrupted when I hear a knock on the door and I slightly flinch. I start to panic and yell out, "One second!"

I wash my hands and tear tissues to dry my hands, when there is a knock once again. Shaking my head, I discard the used tissue into the bin and walk towards the door. I take in a deep breath and release it to calm myself and unlock the door. I pull open the door to walk out, when my breath hitches as I take in the person standing before me.

Theo pushes me inside and quickly enters himself, effectively locking the door behind him.

"T-theo, what—"

I start to say but all the words die in my throat when he turns around and fixes me with a look. He looks angry and his jaw is clenched so hard that I'm worried he might hurt himself.

"Who the fuck is that guy?" Theo says through gritted teeth.

I grow panicky but try not to show it. "Uh, Theo, this is a women's—"

"Who. Is. He?" He walks towards me slowly, and with each step that he takes forward, I take one back.

"A friend," I reply weakly, looking into his blue eyes. I don't think I have ever seen him so angry before and definitely not at me. Is it wrong to think that he looks so hot being all worked up?

Theo lets out a chuckle but it lacks humour. He shakes his head and stares down at me. "That's funny, Princess, because friends don't touch you like that."

"You don't get to judge that," I retort.

"Oh, but when it involves you," Theo takes another step forward, "I do, Princess," he finishes, and I have to force myself to not look away from his eyes that hold a menacing glare right now.

"Are you on a little date?" He asks again and smiles at me like something is funny to him. "If so, then why'd you immediately hide in here when you saw me?" Theo tilts his head to the side and studies my every move.

"I didn't hide," I say, even though I know it's a lie and I know he knows it, too, because he lets out another humorless chuckle.

"You are cute, Princess. Trying to lie to me when I can see right through you." He takes in my appearance from head to toe and I feel a warmth spread all over my body under his heated gaze. He steps closer to me and speaks up again, "Did you dress up for him, hm?"