25 - Enjoy

Question: I was surprised that Nightmare didn't ask Ccino anything about if Dream had told him of what happened or not... Is it because he doesn't want Dream to know he's proding ? Is he going to ask at all ? Has Dream even told Ccino anything of what happened to him ? 

Answer: You can rest assured that Nightmare and Ccino had a long chat while Dream was sleeping. ;)

Question: That must be a very delicate situation for all of them... Has he flinched at Error's threads ? Has he panicked if someone tried to surprise him playing "Guess who ?" covering his eyes ? Has he played too much in the snow and nearly had a meltdown because he became a bit numb with the cold ? I don't think he asked anything about training again and maybe later the others will ask if he wants to join them like always. Will he want to learn more to protect himself or will he refuse, because he doesn't really want to be a guardian now? Did he have an attack when they all laughed a bit too heartedly and it matched the zombies around his cage ? Did he start to cry when someone noticed a smell and he couldn't ? These are just example of what could have happened, at Ccino's or back at home now. Just small, little ways with which the others could guess.

Answer: ...So many ideas. So little time.

Comments are welcome and appreciated!

Please enjoy! 

~~~~~

Dream's birthday party was going to be held today, and Dream was excited for it! He had gotten home one week ago, and this was just what he needed to get his mind off things! Dream had had a lot of things on his mind..

He had thought about things a lot recently, and now that he knew what being the Guardian of Positivity meant..

"Nighty?" Dream looked up at his brother, lying on Nightmare's bed as he waited for Nighty to get ready to go.

"Yes, Dream?" Nightmare hummed in question.

"I..want to talk to you about something important."

"Is it about the party?" 

"No..it's not.." 

"..What would you like to talk with me about, then?" Nightmare inquired, sitting down next to his little brother.

"..Would you be mad if..I said I didn't want to be a Guardian?"

"Of course not." Nightmare shook his skull, giving Dream a smile. "I would never get mad at you over something so reasonable."

"..Reasonable?" Dream tilted his skull. "But..we were made to be Guardians..wouldn't it be bad if I didn't want to?"

"Dream, the fact that something or someone is created for a purpose doesn't mean that they can't do anything else. But..it does mean that there are limitations.."

"What kind of limitations?"

"..Unfortunately, we were created in such a way that getting out of our roles would be..difficult. For one thing, there is a balance between positivity and negativity, and we are the only two beings capable of sensing it and knowing when to correct it; we can't change that, and we can't pass that on. For now, though, I am able to keep it balanced alone, and I intend to keep it that way."

"..What about other things? That doesn't seem too hard to deal with.."

"..That is the easy part." Nightmare nodded, putting a hand on Dream's shoulder. "The hard part is that we were also given..instincts."

"I thought only animals had instincts.."

"Well, everyone does, to some extent; humans and monsters just choose to rely on logic and emotion more than instinct. Our instincts are a bit different, however..we were made to keep he balance, and..we know instinctually how to do that. I know, and I have known since our creation, how to incite negative feelings in others; it's in my nature, and I've had to work hard to curb it. You've heard me when I lose control sometimes; I hate it, but..I can't control myself sometimes."