12 - Brother

Hehe, it's been a year since I uploaded the first chapter of this..happy anniversary, book I still haven't drawn a cover for!

Not a question but I feel the need to answer it: Ironic, because Swap Paps canonically hates puns. Or dislikes them in the same way classic Papyrus does.

Answer: Actually, I don't know the canon for Underswap Paps, but if you look into some character analyses for classic Papyrus, it suddenly becomes quite clear that he doesn't hate puns. If you look at all the dialogue in Undertale, he actually makes more puns than Sans does in the course of the game. A lot of people (myself included, until just recently) just think he hates puns because of the occasion(s) in which he reacts to Sans's.

Also, I guess I should explain why I want Swapyrus to be a secret friend to the gang instead of Blue; it isn't because Blue is overused, or anything, but Dream needs someone who's basically a kid in an adult's body to be a friend (since children his age obviously don't exist what are you talking about). Blue, unfortunately, is not that. The entire reason most variants of Blue befriend the gang is that he feels that he's being treated like a child, and he wants to be treated like the mature adult he is! There's nothing wrong with that, of course, but Dream doesn't really need someone like that; he already knows how to be mature, and while Blue has many good values, Nightmare's already teaching Dream those things. What Dream really needs is a friend who will help him to let loose and have fun every once in a while; Swapyrus seems like the perfect candidate, to me. He has the funny bone for it, and with his scientific know-how, he and Dream could probably spend hours on end on some silly science project in the castle's backyard. With all the angst that Dream's going to go through (you know what I do to my favorite characters, if you've read my other stories, and even if I don't have anything specifically planned right now, it'll happen eventually), he's going to need someone to make him laugh when the going gets tough. So yeah. That's why I chose Swapyrus.

Comments are welcome and appreciated!

Please enjoy!

~~~~~

"Brother?" Whispers circulated around us..I had made a mistake.

I had positioned myself in front of my hurt brother, who had realized the reality of this situation before I had; now everyone knew the secret he had tried to keep hidden..and it was all my fault. It felt as if everyone in the room the room had frozen; no one was moving. However, with the bad people occupied with their thoughts, Nighty and I had a chance to talk.

"So..where are the others?" I whispered my question, making sure only Nighty could hear me.

"Um..about that.." Nightmare..

"..You came alone?" I..he should have known how dangerous that was!

"I didn't want the others to be injured; I thought this would be easier."

"Nighty, you should know that having backup is important!" I was tempted to raise my voice, but I held back.

"I thought I could do this alone; I didn't expect the magic-suppressing field."

"You should have!"

"I was worried about you, Dream!"

"Guess who's going to be even more worried, now! Did you even tell them you were leaving?!"

"..No.." 

I took a long, deep breath. Well, if Nighty had no plan, I was going to make a plan!

"Nightmare!" I shouted, gaining the attention of everyone in the vicinity. "I'm putting you in timeout!"

"..What?" Nightmare scoffed. "That's the most childish proposal I've ever heard."