21 - Cats

Question: How is it that Dream suffers this much when the AU he's in gets negative when he literaly lived in Nightmare's (considered to be the most negative AU) without much problem (even during training) ?

Answer: He was in the positive aura for so long that his body adapted to it. When the positivity shut off, he was no longer in the environment he was used to. 

Comments are welcome and appreciated!

Please enjoy!

~~~~~

"Hey, you don't look so good..how about you come inside, and I'll get you some food?" The stranger offered, holding out his hand and looking at Dream with worry.

"Uh..o-okay!" Dream liked the sound of food; he could use..anything, right now! He grabbed the stranger's hand. "Thank you!"

"Sure thing." The stranger helped him to his feet. "My name's Ccino; what's yours?"

"Dream..I'm Dream." The little one smiled. 

"Well, Dream, let's get you some food; you look.." Ccino winced; this child looked horrible..

"..I know." Dream nodded, slowly starting to walk. "I know you want to ask, but..can we talk about it somewhere warmer?"

"..Yeah, of course. You have a limp.." 

"I'm okay - just need to sit down somewhere.."

Ccino let out a sigh, but he didn't like to cross boundaries of people he'd just met. He helped Dream slowly limp inside his cafe, helping the little one into one of the few booth seats he had; he was glad he was closed for the day. Dream leaned back in the seat, looking around; this place was..interesting. A lot more colorful than the place he had been in before. The main color scheme was light brown with dark brown accents, but the decorations were all different soft colors..and all cat-themed. There was a counter with two signs above each end, one of which reading "Meow may I help you?" and the other reading "Take-meowt." Ccino was definitely a Sans. The room smelled like coffee; Dream only knew that because Nighty claimed that the drink had magical properties that allowed adults to stay up later, but for some reason, it wouldn't work on Dream. Dream had tried it once, but the bitter taste paired with the seemingly-weak magical properties deterred him from trying again; the smell was nice, though. The rest of the room looked like a normal cafe, except..

"You have a lot of cats.." Dream mentioned, looking around.

There were cats everywhere. Some of them looked, strangely, like..his family. There was even one that looked like Nighty! And Cross, Killer, Horror, Dust, and Error..

Dream wondered if this universe was connected to the multiverse in some way..there was even one that looked like..404..

"Thanks." Ccino chuckled. "This is a cat cafe, after all!"

"..Your cats are really pretty-colored.."

"I can see that you're figuring this out." Ccino smiled, sitting down across from Dream. "Apparently, there are other universes, and sometimes, random cats show up around here that are meant to represent them, or something; I haven't done much research, but that's why they're a little different from normal cats."

"..Have you seen those other universes?" 

"No, I've never seen them before; I just pieced it together after a few visitors started to resemble my cats; it's pretty hard to miss when the resemblance is that close, you know?"

"I know." Dream hummed. "Is there a cat that looks like you?"

"Yep, even one that looks like me!" Ccino chuckled. "I have a kitten who looks like you, too."