24 - Understanding

Question: When I get it done could Dream meet them?

Answer: Sorry, but no. I actually have destinations in mind already, and I was just asking if you guys were interested in the concept, not requesting locations. I'm sorry if I gave off that impression, and I will certainly try to be clearer in the future; I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Comments are welcome and appreciated!

Please enjoy!

~~~~~

Dream hadn't been the happiest when he had learned how long it had been since he had been home. He had been gone for nearly six months, and he had only spent one month with Ccino! It had been three days since he had managed to get back to his family, and by now, everyone knew he was all right; Swapyrus had certainly been happy to see him again, having squished Dream in a big hug! At the moment, Dream was heading to sit at the dining table with Nighty and the others to eat lunch; he had been disappointed to find out that the others had been so sad before that they were hardly eating! Dream had to correct that, of course! He made sure everyone came to eat during meals! 

"I literally don't have to eat.." Error sighed as he was dragged to the table.

"I don't, either, but it's still good for you!" Dream reminded. "Eating nothing is horrible; I don't know how you do it, and I plan to put an end to it!"

At last, Error was seated, and Dream took his seat, too, grinning as his cape fluttered behind him; he was so happy to have his cape and crown back! 

"So, when should we have that belated birthday party?" Killer inquired; Dream was nine years and two months old, now! 

"Can we have it at Ccino's?" Dream really wanted to see the cats and Ccino again! "Since we're going to visit today, we can ask, can't we?"

"I certainly hope this Ccino is half as good as you say he is, Dream." Nightmare chuckled; he couldn't deny that he was looking forward to the meeting, too. 

"Oh, he is!" Dream assured. "I can't wait to show you all the cats!"

"I just hope they don't think I'm a bird.." Robin wasn't thrilled at the thought of cats.

"They'll be nice, Robin!" Dream giggled.

"I'm sure he'll be great; he helped you out, after all." Cross decided. 

The rest of the meal passed with talk and a general feeling of happiness. Everyone was so happy that Dream was home again, and Dream was happy to be home again! He had missed his family and the castle..it was good to be back. He was glad that Blue hadn't dropped his role as the decoy Guardian of Positivity while Dream had been gone, too; if he had been forced to let the world know..

He really didn't want the world to know.

Being a Guardian was an adult thing..not a kid thing. Dream wasn't sure he even wanted to be a Guardian anymore, really; it seemed really..scary. He liked the thought of helping people see the good in their lives, but..what about the bad people? There were a lot of people in the world that were mean, like 404, and they wouldn't use him for good..just for bad. He was afraid of being used for bad; he didn't want to be tricked or manipulated by people! What if they took advantage of his powers and he didn't know? What if they threatened to hurt him like 404? What if they had those "sensory deprivation" things? He didn't like those! He didn't want to be anywhere near those! He didn't want to be trapped-

"Dream, it's okay." Nightmare was...by his side. Nighty was here.. 

"N-Nighty?" Dream looked into his brother's eyelight, stopping to realize where he was; he was in the dining room..he was crying.