12. 18 SN

12.

𝕬𝖉𝖊𝖑𝖆𝖎𝖉𝖊 𝕯𝖑𝖆𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖎

I'm running late today and Angie is here annoying me. I just want to drink my coffee in peace then leave. I have so much to do. There's still so much to do in Simthandile's case. There wasn't even a CCTV footage. How am I going to prove that she's innocent? I know she is but it's going to be hard. My first try would be following Nkanyiso's moves. Nkanyiso is the best friend who testified yesterday.

"Yesterday you came here looking happy. What's happening?" She's sipping her coffee like a kid. She's busy making sounds. Isn't she supposed to act mature now that she's a mother of two?

"I don't know what you're talking about." I definitely know what she's talking about and she also know that I'm lying.

"It's like a certain boyfriend is in town. Is it the mysterious prince?" She wiggles her eyebrows and when she see me staring at her in shock she laughs.

"I knew it. That boy gave you a love potion though. Did you have sex?"

"Not yet. We just kissed. Now can I leave?" I leave the mug on the table and pick up my handbag and laptop bag then my car keys and walk to the garage. I place everything inside the car then get in. My garage door senses the car before opening up.

I drive to the township Nkanyiso currently stay at. After his parents house was declared a crime scene he moved here. Simthandile stays here in Gauteng with her aunt as any teenager she loves parties and she also followed her friends and went to a party but little did she know she would end up in jail.

I park at a tuckshop and get out of my car. I don't forget to take my R50. I walk in and ask the shopkeeper for some R30 MTN airtime. I actually have an airtime but I need to ask him questions. Who knows? Maybe he know Nkanyiso personally.

"Thank you." He gives me the airtime and some change.

"Can I also have some sweets?" I give him the R5.

"Before I forget I'm looking for someone, Nkanyiso Mofokeng." I take the sweets on the counter and open one.

"Nkanyiso? How are you related to him?" The man ask.

"So you know him?"

"I do. Nkanyiso is a very troublesome child. Apparently his friend was kílled at a party in his home. He's now staying with his aunt." I pretend to be shocked.

"Really? Is there a possibility that Nkanyiso may be involved in the murder?" I open another sweet. His sweets are actually nice.

"Between you and me,yes." I nod repeatedly like I'm digesting the information.

"Is there any friend of Nkanyiso I can ask anything? I'm actually a journalist."

"Journalist? I hope you won't write anything about me child." The old man say in disapproval.

"I won't if you give me the names of Nkanyiso's friends." I give him my most innocent smile. He takes a book and a pen and write out something before tearing the paper and giving it to me.

"They were actually four friends. They used to come here but now that the other boy is no more,they all went into hiding but I only know where that one may be." This may help. It's a name and address. I just need to pressurize all the other boys to talk and turn against Nkanyiso.

"Thank you sir." I walk to my car. I get in and lock the doors. My phone rings and I pick it up. It's my boss.

"Adelaide how fast can you get here?" She ask.

"Ma'am I'm investigating the murder case. I got a lead and I want to go there right now."

"Then get here as soon as possible so that you can go back to your investigations." She hangs up. I groan in frustration. I hate this. Working under someone means you just leave everything and runs to your boss when she calls. The thing is,I haven't made a name for myself. I can't just open a law firm. Having well known parents who doesn't understand law it's not an advantage this time.