3. Back from the past

3.

𝕬𝖉𝖊𝖑𝖆𝖎𝖉𝖊 𝕯𝖑𝖆𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖎

I can't believe it's Monday. At least I'm a part time intern which means I only go to work on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday then I take the rest of the week off. Plus Sundays are for staying home unless you personally wanna clock in.

I pick up my phone from the night stand to stare at the time and it's still eighteen past five. A little early for me to wake up but I couldn't sleep. I have a lot on my mind. I connect to my WiFi network and go to Instagram,just like expected I'm trending.

I'm a part-time law intern at Neptune Law Firm and a social media influencer. NL Firm is a very famous law firm because of the founder Afeziwe Dalindyebo. She's a badass lawyer and my role model. Imagine handling a family,being a wife,a mother and an awesome lawyer at the same time. She's also a businesswoman so being connected to her just gives you an importance as well.

I don't even feel like going to work. Almost everyone hates me at work anyway. I stalk Luyolo's Insta profile and I find a picture of his car half burnt inside and with the caption,

‘Leaving you was the best decision. You’re mentally disturbed,who burns a car in spite? What about the children who were playing in the yard? What if it exploded? I never wanna see you again’

He haven't tagged me but everyone in the comment section is tagging me. Some are cursing me. I block him. He has guts. Talking shît about me on Instagram? He doesn't know me very well. Believe me I don't take insults very well.

I close the phone and put it back on the nightstand. I walk to the bathroom to take a shower. I uninstall my frontal and now I'm just left in my locs. They are thick and we'll maintained. They are not that long they reach just below my ears.

I lotion my body and moisturize my locs. I'm not doing any make up today. I take out my white ‘Yuck Fou’ oversized t-shirt and my black leather jacket. I also take out my formal wear black pants and my black loafers. I don't usually wear like this to work. I'm always organised in heels and suits and make up.

I use a different body spray on myself and take my phone and car keys. My Mini Cooper was finally fixed and brought home yesterday in the afternoons. I choose to skip breakfast and at least my mom is not here today. I drive to work while listening to some Cardi B music.

«»«»«»«»«»«»

When I walk inside the company I find people staring at me. Some are taking pictures of me. I'm not just an intern and influencer but a daughter of a successful fashion icon and a well known chef. My life is always out there for people to access.

As I walk to my office I see Mpumi approaching me. She's the only intern I get along with. She's bixesual and an artist. She loves drawing in her part-time job but most importantly she made a place in my heart because of her personality. She doesn't care about people like I do and we just have a lot of things in common. It's easier to get along with her.

"Girlfriend how are you feeling?" That's what she calls me. She says if I was a bi,I would be her girlfriend but she never made a move on me.

"I'm perfect." I give her a smug smile as I walk to the lift. She joins me and press the button to the interns floor.

"You can't fool me. I've been trying to call you all weekend." I've muted all calls on my phone so nobody can call me.

"I know you're trying to help but just not now. My feelings are all over the place." We both get out of the lift and go to my desk. I sit down and she grabs a chair and join me. I stare at the files on my desk. They are just too much for an intern. The lawyer assigned after the iterns is Lerato and she hates me. I'll just work on them and prove her wrong.