8. Mrs Laurent is in town

8.

𝕬𝖉𝖊𝖑𝖆𝖎𝖉𝖊 𝕯𝖑𝖆𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖎

I wave my hand in hope that Angie locate me. She eventually does and smiles while pulling her two big travelling bags. She walks to me and give me a hug. Angie wasn't even there on my wedding day because one of the twins fell sick and she couldn't leave them. I understood her reasons despite not being a mother.

"Sisi omncane." She gives me a warm hug. I may be her little sister but I hate being called little. I'm anything but little.

"Gosh I missed you." We finally let go of each other. She looks different. Like she had aged a bit.

"I missed you more. Let's go." We both grab the luggages and take them to my car.

"You're still driving this small thing?" She's referring to my mini cooper. It may be small but it's mine and I love it.

"Unless you're planning to buy me a car you should shut up." She just laughs.

"Maybe I should." We both get in the car after squeezing the bags in the boot. I drive us both home.

"I heard about Asenathi." She start.

"Yeah she's pretty. A mini version of Asante. I've only met her once though. You know I'm not good with kids." That's an understatement. I hate kids. My nieces are always an exception though. Have you ever met those snotty nose children? Or the ones who plays in mud? Kids should be bathed repeatedly. I don't want a kid. Ever. I'm too impatient and I'll make a terrible mother.

"I can't wait to meet her. I've bought her some stuff."

"Why didn't you come with the twins? You do know that mom would have been glad to see them?" My mother loves her grandchildren. She says being a granny is the reason she lives. She's always waiting for Christopher to impregnate someone. You'll see she'll jump in joy and offers to look after the child.

"Their father thinks they are still young to travel long distances plus Isabelle just got better last week. I couldn't take her with me." It's always excuse after excuse. Believe me she's hiding something.

"That's a bullshít excuse and you know it too." I give her a look and neither of us say anything after that. The ride it's just silent.

«»«»«»«»«»«»

Everyone was happy seeing Angie after almost six months of her not coming home. My father even cooked dinner for us as a family and luckily Asenathi just had to visit. Angie and her are getting along so well. She's even going to sleep in Angie's room tonight. She bought us matching pyjamas so now the three of us are matching and doing each other's nails—no let me rephrase that,they were painting each other's nails while I'm just sitting there and watching Tik Tok videos.

"How was it like living with your dad?" Angie ask her. She looks happy to be here. I just wish her mother was here as well.

"It was okay. I've always wanted a Mom though." She reveals sadly. I feel sorry for her that's why it's just so hard for us to connect. She makes me feel so sad because she's remind me of Asante a lot.

"Don't feel sad sweetheart. Some people don't have Moms and Dads. I also didn't have a dad." Asenathi looks shocked.

"But you have grandpa Chester."

"True but my real Dad went to heaven." Angie's biological dad was white. He was kílled by my dad after he tried to kill Angie. Some people just don't deserve to be parents.

"Like my mom? Does that mean I should get a new mom like you got a new dad?" A stepmother? She better be brave because nobody deserves to mother my sister's child except for my sister.