5. Meet Petal McPhee

5.

𝕬𝖉𝖊𝖑𝖆𝖎𝖉𝖊 𝕯𝖑𝖆𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖎

The ladies were still freshening up as I sat down at their private booth having tea as I stalked Unathi on Instagram. I blocked her after she went overseas with her brother. She was my best friend and I loved her but life happened. The only best friends in my life is Jay and Simlindile. She's studying psychology at DUT and I only get to meet her when she's on recess. As for Jay he works as an interior designer in a company in Limpopo. I'm left alone in Gauteng.

"We are back." Natasha says as she joins me. I love her perfume because it smells great. I place my phone on the table and picks up my cup of tea.

"Tell me are you always together?" I don't understand their club that much. I wouldn't have joined it if I wasn't investigating Jaxon Abimbola.

"Not at all. There's an event on month end and we are actually in charge of it. We do event planning as well. We do get paid but it's more like a hobby for us." Tasha explains while scanning through the menu.

"What event?" She's may be my first link because Tumi and I aren't getting close anytime soon. I refuse to grin with her just for a piece of information. My pride doesn't allow me but somehow I just need to find the information.

"An once in a year gala dinner. Not everyone is invited though. Only the big dogs are invited but you'll get a free invite since you're one of us. Isn't it amazing?" She looks excited for this event.

"It is. It sounds big. I definitely can't wait."

"What can't you wait for?" Tumi walks in rocking a t-shirt and jeans. I must admit she has a beautiful body.

The rest of the ladies walk in all looking beautiful in just their casual clothes. I forgot some of their names but it's not like I'm here to make friendship. I just come and go, catch me or I go Houdini.

"The masquerade gala dinner." Natasha answer her question which I wasn't planning on answering.

"So we are sticking with the masquerade? The theme is not giving." Is her name Cecilia or what? Whatever her name is she says.

"The theme is perfect Cee. We are not changing it." Tumi sounds bossy. I won't be suprised if they all listen to her.

I hear a pair of heels walking to us and everyone turns around to see a beautiful lady wearing a white Orange Angel latest design. Orange Angel is my sister's latest fashion line. Since it's spring she was inspired by the falling leaves. I attended the event virtually because it was held in NY. Angie lives in France after getting married to her husband whom we met twice. They have twin girls whom she never even post on her socials given Angie loves sharing everything. I called her out on it and she just told me they are still young. Obviously she's lying but I've chosen to let it go. For now though. Anyway back to the attention seeker.

"Petal? OMG! You look amazing." Tumi was the first one to stand up,run to her and give her hug. She's Petal? I think I know her.

"Thank you Mrs Abimbola." Her voice is silky. Everything about her is classy. She let go of Tumi and hug everyone one by one then stares at me.

"Hi I'm Petal. You're?" She handles herself maturely.

"Adelaide."

"Adelaide Dlamini? Oh my gosh?" She covers her mouth in shock while her face radiates happiness .

"I didn't know I was that famous." I say sarcastically.

"Don't be foolish. I'm wearing Angel." She twirls around.

"I noticed. The dress suits you by the way." I'm not lying on this one. She looks like a real life angel.

"Nah your sister is good. Guys why didn't you tell me that the new member is Aqua Dlamini's daughter and Angel Is Queen's little sister?" She stares at everyone expecting an answer.