9. Sinful acts

9.

𝕬𝖉𝖊𝖑𝖆𝖎𝖉𝖊 𝕯𝖑𝖆𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖎

Today is the day of the gala dinner. I have discovered that Jaxon Abimbola owns a lot of offshore accounts. His wife is my bestie now. She's telling me everything. I just need to go into their bedroom for any proof. I can't fail this task. I was given only a month.

The masquerade gala dinner is what everyone has been talking about. Almost every social media influencer want to come but unfortunately not everyone was invited. There will be celebs as well and sports stars, influential business people. Everyone you can think of.

I was at the hotel earlier making sure everything is in order along with the ladies and now we went to change and get ready. I'm in my house with Angie and my best friend Simlindile. She's on a recess and decided to visit me. Her family actually stays here in Gauteng while she chose to relocate due to schooling.

"This dress is amazing." She compliment me. My sister knows her job. The high slit actually begins from my hip bone. It also shows cleavage but most importantly it matches with my Valentino Garavani heels.

"Very. Thank you sis." I give her a quick hug. She's also looking amazing in a black Orange Angel dress. It looks like a wedding dress but it's black. What makes Orange Angel stand out is that it has falling leaves. Like I said before it's her autumn collection. She's matching it with gold pair of heels and a matching Louis Vuitton purse. Mine is also Louis Vuitton but black. It was actually a present from her. Angie's husband is loaded. He's a businessman and owns a mansion. It's so big. I've only seen it on pictures though.

"I wish I was coming along but huge gatherings are not my forte." Simi says. She has a problem with anything that's loud. She used to be Unathi's friends but when she relocated she was just left with me and we just stuck together.

"I love you okay? And feel at home." I give her a kiss on the cheek before following Angie outside. Our ride is already waiting for us. There's a bottle of champagne inside the limousine and I pour myself a glass and keep taking sips as we ride to the hotel.

Upon arriving there I realise that it's such a big event. There's even media. I love the spotlight. Chauffeurs open the door for us and help us get out. I walk with Angie to the red carpet and cameras are in front of our faces with journalists holding their mics and recording devices.

"OMG! Angel Dlamini-Laurent. Is that Orange Angel?" One of them ask staring at Angie's dress.

"Yes it is,thank you." My sister flashes them a smile.

"It must be nice wearing your own design. Was Adelaide's dress also designed by you?" The lady ask while I'm just posing to the camera. I've been posing for cameras since I was five going to events with my mom and Angie while Asante stayed home with Dad because she hates the spotlight.

"Yes. It's one of my collection,Bold&Brave inspired by Addy. Everything I design there it's inspired by her personality." They both laugh before she comes to our shoes. I tell her I'm wearing Valentino Garavani and Angie is wearing Turquoise Couture. We both walk inside and are given glasses of champagnes on the entrance and are asked to put on our masks.

Petal walks to us the moment we walk in. My sister has been following Petal and she actually likes her so it won't be a big deal introducing them.

"Angel Laurent." Petal says. It's like she's seeing her idol. Maybe she is.

"Petal McPhee." They both hug. Petal's father is Scottish and her mother is Ghanaian. She looks more like her mother though and she actually stays in Ghana. Her mother is a queen who married a Scottish man making him king. Her maternal surname is Mensah but she chose to use McPhee because it's Scottish.