➻Chapter 54- The Eclipse.

Start from the beginning

"Don't," My voice cracked, as I turned away from him so that he couldn't see the way I was barely holding it together, couldn't see the tears of guilt threatening to spill through. "Don't say it. Please, don't you dare say it."

"Why not?" He demanded, walking after me, the pain in his voice evident in every step, "Why won't you allow me to care for you? To lov—

"Just don't!" I yelled without intending to, tears spilling down my cheeks against my own will. Turning around, my eyes blazed with a mix of guilt, anguish, and regret, "Don't say it!"

I didn't deserve it. How could I explain to him that I didn't deserve it?

"Why?" Tyler's heart evidently ached at my glassy gaze which shattered mine into million pieces. "Tell me why?"

The silence stretched between us, the tension in the air was so thick that it was unbearable for both of us.

"Because I'm afraid," I whispered finally, looking up at him, my hands balling into fists as tears rushed down my eyes.

Tyler drew closer, "Afraid of what?" He was breathless, almost as if he was scared of the answer.

I met his gaze, my voice barely audible, "Afraid of loving you, only to lose you in the end."

Tyler's expression softened, his eyes reflecting the anguish of my spoken fears. Gently, he cupped my face in his hands, brushing away my tears as he looked deep into my eyes, "You're not going to lose me," he whispered. "Not now, not ever. Do you understand?"

"Tyler, please listen! You don't know what I di—"

"You're not losing me, Luna!" Tyler's voice rose with intensity as he cut me off, his gaze unwavering as he locked eyes with me. "I refuse to let you slip away. I can't. After years of longing for a sense of belonging, I've finally found it with you. How could I ever let that go?" He paused, his words charged with emotion, "That's why it took me so long to grasp it all, because I'm not used to feeling this way. I've never felt this torrent of butterflies, nor the ferocious urge to shatter Charles for daring to even cast a fleeting glance on you with impure intentions. I'm not used to seeing a future with anyone because until right now, I didn't know if I had one."

I cried. I cried, breathlessly.

How could I take this? This was too much for me. How do I carry the burden of my love alongside this suffocating guilt that wouldn't wear off me? It was overwhelming, unbearable. How can I not want to lose him, yet be forced into a choiceless corner? Why is fate so mercilessly cruel to me? I wanted to embrace all his shattered pieces with love, but this destiny, I hate it.

"You don't understand, Tyler!" My voice cracked, on the brink of a shout. "You have to let me go. You deserve far better than someone like me! Please," my voice quivered with pleading desperation,
"Please, let me go."

"I deserve nobody but you, that's all I know." He murmured, but I couldn't bear to face him, shaking my head through my tears.

"Let me go, Tyler," I pleaded, beginning to walk towards the door, my heart wrenching at the thought of breaking his.

"Luna, wait! Please!"

I cried as I almost neared the door, my heart crushing to break his like that. To see him desperately call out for me.

"Hadwin!"

He called out, rushing behind me but I fought against my will to stay due to my overwhelming guilt of betrayal.

As my hand reached for the doorknob and I began to pull it open, Tyler surged from behind, grasping my wrist and turning me around to face him. With a swift motion, he shut the door behind me, locking me within the confines of his strong arms. My pulse quickened as he pressed me against the door, his gaze piercing mine with unrestrained desire.