Trace

The car pulls up to the familiar surroundings of their headquarters as the sky outside begins to turn a deep shade of orange. Naoya and Jun climb out of the vehicle, exhaustion etched on their faces. "At the very least we got the information we needed." Naoya says. Jun nods in agreement, stretching his muscles as though relieving the tension. "Yeah, it wasn't a complete loss. We learned that Commandment is after us and have a clue about their possible plans. It's something to start with." They head inside their headquarters, the cool evening air giving way to the familiar surrounds of their base. The sound of voices carries in the background. Upon entering, Naoya and Jun are greeted by a somewhat odd sight. Hayakawa, Ms. Fujiwara, and another young woman with a child on her lap are in the midst of a conversation. They turn towards the two intruders with varying expressions of surprise. "Oh? Hey there, Ms. Hanabi." Naoya greets casually. The woman, Hanabi, looks up upon their arrival, her eyes slightly wide with surprise. The child on her lap, a young girl named Rei. Ms. Fujiwara, always the poised one, smiles at them. "Welcome back, you two. We weren't expecting you back so soon. At least, until tomorrow." While Naoya nods at Ms. Fujiwara, Jun raises a question. "Who is the other woman with a kid on her lap, Mr. Hayakawa?"

Hayakawa chuckles at the innocent question, a hint of affection in his voice. "This is Hanabi, and the little one clinging to her is Rei, her daughter." "She is Daisuke's sister. She is really good at planning." Naoya explains. Hayakawa continued speaking, "Indeed, she is Daisuke's older sister. Hanabi is a master planner, and her strategic mind is unparalleled. She's responsible for a good number of our successful missions back then." "You haven't gotten rusty too right? Hanabi." Naoya asks with a smile. Hanabi smiles, her eyes glinting with a hint of playful confidence. "Oh, I've been keeping my skills sharp, don't you worry." She gently pats Rei's head. "Besides, now I have a little helper." "How old is our little helper? I apologize for not bringing a gift along. Didn't know you would arrive today, let alone this evening." Naoya says. Hanabi laughs softly, her voice filled with warmth and amusement. "It's quite alright, I understand. This little one is just three years old. And she's growing up so fast. Rei, say hello to everyone." Rei, a curious and cheerful girl who looks like her mother in every way, looks up from Hanabi's lap and gives a bright smile to everyone. She shyly waves her small hand, her eyes shining with innocence.

After seeing this, Naoya looks down for a few moments. Reminiscing of the moments he had with this son before he was hospitalized. Hanabi, observant as always, notices the distant look in Naoya's eyes. She gently shifts the child off her lap and places her on the floor. Rising to her feet, she makes her way over to Naoya. Hanabi stops in front of Naoya, her gaze filled with sympathy. She hesitates for a moment before reaching out to place a gentle hand on his shoulder. "Is everything alright?" Her voice is soft and filled with genuine concern. "Everything is alright. It's just that...Yosuke would've loved to play games with Rei. They would be great friends..." Naoya says with clear sadness in his voice. Hanabi's expression softens even more. She understands the weight behind his words, and her heart aches for him. "It's hard, isn't it? Watching other children enjoying their normal life while knowing your own son is fighting for his." "I do sometimes wish that it was me who was in the coma instead." Naoya admits. Hanabi's expression turns serious, her eyes locking with Naoya's. "Don't say that. You've been through a lot, and you've done more than anyone could ask for. Blaming yourself won't solve anything." Her grip on his shoulder tightens, a firm yet reassuring gesture. "That day...." the sentence falls short and Naoya goes back to thinking.

Hanabi falls silent, understanding that sometimes the best comfort is simply presence. She stays beside him, providing a steady anchor as he ruminates on his own thoughts. Meanwhile, Jun notices Rei and crouches down to talk to her, trying his best to make conversation with the young girl. "Thank you, Hanabi. Seeing Rei healthy made me happy." Hanabi smiles gently at his words, her gaze filled with understanding. "You're most welcome, Naoya. I know it must be difficult, but please don't forget that even in tough times, there are moments of joy to be found. And Rei is one of those moments." Hayakawa speaks up, "I don't know any person who is stronger than you, Naoya. Whether it's physically or mentally." Naoya gives a humorless chuckle, his eyes fixed on the ground. "Strength...if only it made a difference in this situation." His voice is tinged with bitterness and frustration. Naoya looks at Hayakawa. "We learned the information we needed while we were spying on The Six Commandments." Hayakawa's expression turns serious at the mention of the Six Commandments. "I have a feeling this information is not good news." He crosses his arms, bracing himself for what comes next.