Thirty-five: New Balance.

Knew that I was in love with you right away, yeah

Knew that I was in love with you right away, yeah. Turned all my days into brighter days, even when people say what we do is not okay..

Jhené Aiko: New Balance.

Ezriah wanted a baby.

Even a blind man could see that, just by how attentive he was with his nephew. He'd been spending more time with Kross, especially since Cimani got her old job back. Despite him trying to talk her out of going back to be a bartender, Cimani explained to him that if she wanted to make money, and fast that was the job.

She also had to explain to him how bartender's made more than strippers, it was ironic but sadly the truth. Ezriah wanted Cimani to get a nice office job, somewhere where she had to be fully covered at all times, but—that wasn't his decision. He didn't have control, and usually that would be enough to make him spiral, but thankfully Dr. Sanchez talked him out of it.

Another conversation he had with Dr. Sanchez was one surrounding both Cimani's and his life. Dr. Sanchez believed that the seven year age gap between the two caused most of their disagreements. For instance, she broke down the entire situation of Cimani not wanting kids because of her being in her mid twenties, and wanting to live her life for her. Ezriah, being thirty-one and madly in love felt as if now was the right time, for him. Dr. Sanchez had to keep reminding her patient that he could no longer think just for him, he had to validate Cimani's feeling as well.

Just because he felt as if the time was right, didn't mean that she had to agree.

Yawning, Ashley made her way out of the kitchen and towards Ezriah. Ermias followed behind her shortly after, yearning the smell and softness of his newborn baby.

"Give me my damn baby Ezriah, ya' girl is upstairs. Maybe it's time yall make ya own and stop hogging mine." She joked, cooing as she held her arms out for her baby.

Baby Kross's big brown eyes stared up at his mother, and a small smile graced his lips. He wasn't old enough to reach for her, or his father but the skin to skin contact they all did at the hospital had him familiar with his parents.

Ezriah sucked his teeth, "Wow, that's just foul. You know ya girl don't want kids." He shook his head.

Ermias swallowed the last piece of turkey bacon that Ashley had cooked, "Sooner or later, it's gon' happen for you bro. Dont rush it."

A loud noise stopped Ezriah from speaking, everyone's eyes trailed towards the front door and in stepped Chloè, and Jahiem. "Wake up household! The queen has arrived." She beamed, her contagious smile gracing her face.

"Now Ashley, I know you feel as if we hog your baby.. but give em' here! Ya girl graduates tomorrow so technically, that means whatever I say goes." She shrugged her shoulders, making her way towards Ashley.