Twenty-seven: A Woman's Intuition.

SILENCE

SILENCE. That was the only thing Ashley heard for three entire days. She could hear a pen drop, due to how silent her room was. Her tear stained face and dry throat a result of all the crying she had been doing.

It was now March 23rd, it had been three days since Ermias went missing. Ashley tried her best to keep it together for herself and they baby, but she was breaking down.

Mentally, she wasn't there. She was where ever Ermias was. She knew he was still alive, she felt his presence he still had to be on this earth.

Sniffling, she wiped away a falling tear before she made her way down stairs. Cimani had been home with her for the past three days, while Saint slept in her room she slept in the bed with Ashley.

She was hurting also, not only was Ermias Ashley's boy friend but he was also Saint's brother, and he was taking it as hard as Ashley was.

Now he felt as if he was alone, of course he had soldiers and family, and people that rode out with him for Nipsey but, he still felt alone. In a matter of days, he lost two of the closest people to him one of which who was alive and well, and one of which he didn't know the well being of.

To say he was losing his mind, was an understatement. On top of comforting Ashley, making sure her and the baby are okay he also had to take care of him self, and Cimani. She had been helping out as much as she could though, she cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner every day, she kept every one on their toes. She kept them all together, Jacolby, Jahiem, and Ezriah.

She knew that this was a time where they all had to stick together, if they didn't then nothing would go right. She had also furnished the extra room they had just for Jacolby.

Cimani's eyes met with Ashley's as she shot her a faint smile. She felt for her best friend, not only was she engaged but her and Ermias were expecting a baby. She couldn't imagine the pain her best friend felt as she sat up at night wondering where he was.

Cimani frowned at the puffiness of Ashley's eyes, walking over to her she embraced her into a hug. Cimani felt as her shirt got damp from Ashley's tears. Rubbing her back softly, Cimani placed a kiss on top of her best friend's forehead.

There was nothing that Cimani could say to comfort her, so she chose to stay silent and just let her break down. Tears formed in her eyes as she placed her head on top of Ashley's as she rocked her side to side.

"I love you.." was all she said as they stood in the middle of their kitchen. This was supposed to be the happiest time of their lives. They had moved into their dream house, found love, and there was a baby on the way.

That's what saddened Ashley the most, the thought of her child growing up with out a father. She knew how that felt, it wasn't a good feeling at all—Shit, she knew how it felt to grow up without a mother or father. Which is why she knew no matter the outcome of this situation, she would have to pull it together for her child in the end.