Two: Don't Run.

Cimani.

"Chloé! Let's go. You know you got school." I screamed at my younger sister. It was currently 7:45 AM and she had to be to school by 8. I let her stay here whenever she pleased, just to get away from my parents. I had a extra guest room which Chloé turned into her room, and I honestly didn't mind. I was happy she did. I heard her groan, but I didn't hear her get up.

Sighing, I dropped the knife that was in my hand, and made my way down the hall to her room. I flipped the light switch on and she groaned in 'agony' "Girl I love you to death but what we're not about to do, is play with your education. Let's go, get up."

She sucked her teeth before tossing the cover from over her and finally getting up out of the bed. "I can't stand you." Was all she said before stomping her way to the bathroom that was in her room, and slamming the door.

"It's your last year bookie. Cheer up." I said sarcastically before making my way back towards the kitchen.

I continued chopping up the red and green peppers for the omelets, as my phone began to ring. I quickly pressed the answer button before going back to the task at hand, it was my friend: Ashley.

"Goodmorning boo, I wanted somebody to stay on the phone with me as I drove to work, I knew Chlo' was over there so I figured you'd be up." One thing about us? We called each other just to be on the phone at the most random times. We just enjoyed each others presence.

"Morning baby, and yeah I been tussling with this girl to wake her ass up all morning, I'm over it." I said as I stopped cutting to place the camera on the Island in front of me.

Ashley laughed, keeping her eyes on the road. "You work tonight? I seen this nigga I know on the flyer. Shit is gonna be packed tonight."

I raised my eyebrow as I flipped the omelette "Who?"

"Some nigga named Hussle. Him and his brother hood rich, or hood famous or some shit. I know they get money niggas so you better bring the heat tonight."

"Hm.." I thought as I furrowed my eyebrows trying to think who the fuck was 'Hussle'? I grew in Queens, in a quiet neighborhood, I honestly didn't know much about the hood. I just know I lived in New York and even if you didn't live in the hood, it was ghetto.

"I do work tonight, I gotta look extra cute then I gotta make all the tips, the first coming up I gotta pay rent and my car insurance."

"Why don't you just ask that nigga Jared girl? You know he'll give you whatever." I rolled my eyes at her response. One thing about me, I wasn't scared to ask a nigga for anything. As a feminine woman, I needed a dominant man, and dominant men were leaders and providers. So I honestly didn't mind asking a man for money because when it comes down to it, what are you really here for? Sex and dates were little shit, say my tire popped or I need and oil change, am I able to call my man for help? I'm behind on rent, can I call my man?

"I would ask Jared but, I'm honestly trying to stray away from him. I don't want to keep this unhealthy attachment to him. I know he isn't going to change and it's like, fuck it. I think it's time for me to be single and really do things on my own."

I watched as Ashley nodded her head in approval. "I get that one hundred percent, If you really feel like you're done this time and you want to let go? I say do it."