Thirty-four: Life Support.

Is it real, is it fake? I don't know, I can't tell

Is it real, is it fake? I don't know, I can't tell. I'm just hopin' time worth it, I'm just hopin' we don't fail..
I'm just tryna hold on, looks disguised, can't prevail
Insecure, feel like I ain't worth ya, not enough for none of them.

NBA Youngboy: Life Support.

KROSS AMIR HUSSLE, five pounds and six ounces.

Ashley couldn't keep her eyes off of the clear, rectangular bassinet that her newborn baby laid in. Forty eight hours, that's how long it'd been since she'd gotten rest. Although she was only in labor for about an hour, once her baby entered the world she couldn't bring her self to sleep.

She didn't want to miss anything, she also had a hidden fear of one of the nurses taking her baby, thanks to lifetime movies.

Today, they were being discharged from the hospital and she was sleep deprived, and on edge. The dream of Ermias dying kept replaying in her head, the way it felt so real. The way she knew how each and every person in that room felt. Something was wrong, she felt it.

Laying next to her in the hospital bed was Cimani, her light snores could be heard. Glancing over at the clock that sat on the dresser, the time read 6:15 a.m.

Ashley shifted to the side, slowly placing her feet on the cold, hospital floors. Slowly ascending from the full sized hospital bed, Ashley held onto the small of her back as she took small steps towards the bathroom.

Childbirth was an amazing, yet painful experience for her. She was grateful that she pushed her baby out within an hour, but the aftermath had her sore everywhere.

On her way to the bathroom, she couldn't help but to stop and smile at the sight of Ezriah, and Ermias laid out on two seperate couches. Their snores were way louder than Cimani's, she was surprised they didn't wake her baby.

Focusing her attention back on to the task at hand, Ashley hurriedly stepped over Ezriah's foot. The sudden movement causing her foot to collide with his knee. He laid with his head resting on his hand, his eyes fluttered open as he looked up.

Yawning, he stood up, stretching his limbs out. "You good?" Was the first question he asked her.

Nodding her head, Ashley kept her grip on her lower back. Taking small steps towards the bathroom door, "I'm fine, just had to use the bathroom."

Ezriah assisted her towards the bathroom, running his hands down his face once he was done. Everyone in that room was exhausted.

Once he made it back to the couch he was sleep on, before he got a chance to sit down, he heard a faint cry. The high-pitched cry startled him a bit, but once he turned his back and faced the clear bassinet he was in awe. Baby Kross was the perfect mixture of Ashley, and his brother.