Chapter - 10

It's been several weeks since I've learnt about my pregnancy. The Lord seems overjoyed at the news and has assigned servants to take care of me.

As I was gazing out, I felt Lisa's hand on my shoulder. I turn towards her and she asks, “My Lady, are you alright? You seem so different nowadays.”

“Different? Perhaps I am. But that doesn't mean I'm not fine,” I reply in a calm way.

“You've gotten really quiet ever since that incident. I know you must be hurting still, but it's not your fault. Fate was simply too cruel to him,” she sighs as she gently pats my head, “You need to focus on your future now. You must take care of this little life growing inside you.”

I take a deep breath and rest my palm on my abdomen, there's a slight bump. I close my eyes, trying to feel the child.

I don't know how to feel or what to do. I feel helpless. I'm carrying the child of a monster. Should I be happy to become a mother or repulsed to have his seed growing inside me?

A guard comes in to inform me that I've received a letter from my mother. I extend my hand to take it from him.

“You may leave now,” I dismiss as I open the and start reading it,

Dear Little Flower,

I've received the news of the little bud growing inside you. We're all very overjoyed. I can't believe my little flower has grown so much.

A child is a blessing from God. An innocent little life that is meant to be loved and cherished. The role of a mother is a crucial one. When a child is born, they're free of the cruel ways of this world. A mother's responsibility is to teach and prepare them for the life ahead.

I hope you're happy and your marriage is going well.

Your Mother

I take a deep breath, mother has always been very kind-hearted and caring towards me and my siblings.

It's almost time for supper, I head for the dining hall and sit down on my chair. The Lord joins soon after. He takes my hand and rubs soothing circles on the back of my palm, “How was your day? Is our little angel doing well?” He asks in a caring tone. The duality of this man never ceases to surprise me.

“My day went well and I haven't felt any discomfort, hence the child must be doing well as well,” I replied curtly and waited for the food to arrive.

Once the food has been served, I pick up my knife and fork to eat. The atmosphere is peaceful as we finish eating. He leads me back to his chamber and instructs Dana to prepare tea for us.

I watch the moon as he plays with my fingers, “You must be quite infatuated with the moon. You often stare out of the window.”

“The moon is beautiful, I'm simply admiring its radiance,” I turn my gaze to Dana as she pours the tea. I pick up my cup and take a sip, the warm tea feels nice on this chilly night.

Once Dana leaves, his arms circle around me and pulls me close, burying his face in the crook of my neck.

“You smell so good,” he whispers and rests his palm on my abdomen and caresses the small bump. I resist the urge to pull away and simply stay still, not wanting to anger him.

He carries me to bed once we finish drinking the tea. He holds me close as we fall asleep.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Each day feels the same as my belly grows. I'm about six months along now and the baby has started moving around, kicking occasionally.

I've been feeling more fatigued lately and walking around causes slight pain due to my small stature. I lean back on the bed as I read books on how to take care of a child. I've been informed that my mother will arrive at the estate in a few days. It's customary for the mother to help her daughter step into motherhood and teach her the efficient ways of raising a child.

The Lord comes in after finishing his work for the day and rests his head beside my protruding belly. He has been visiting daily to check on the baby and me.

“Our child is growing up so fast. I can't wait to hold him in my arms,” his words would have felt sweet if I didn't know better.

He looks up at me, “How is your health? Are you feeling any sort of discomfort?” He asks, looking worried.

“It only hurts a little when I walk, but it's normal during this stage, did Father notify you of Mother's departure date?” I ask him out of curiosity.

“Your Mother will be here the day after tomorrow,” he says reassuringly, “My guards will make sure she reaches here safely.”

I nod, taking a deep breath as I feel sleepy. The child seems to be draining all my energy. My eyes slowly close as I slip into a deep slumber in his embrace.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Thank you for reading!!! Feel free to share your opinions and vote!!!