Chapter - 06

Lisa comes to my chambers nervously, “My Lady, the Lord asked for you in his chamber,” she's fiddling with her thumbs anxiously.

“What's the matter?” I ask her, noticing her discomfort.

“Lord seems angry, please tread carefully, my Lady,” she says sympathetically as I follow her to his quarter.

I feel the fear settling in once I stand alone in front of his bed chambers. The flashbacks of that night make my legs shake. I muster up enough courage and knock on the door,

“Come in,” the coldness of his voice makes a shiver run down my spine, I enter on wobbly legs, “Close the door,” his voice sounds almost eerie in this quiet room. I close the door and turn around, my eyes fall on his bloody sleeves, “My Lord, there's blood-”

“Marcus, right?” He cuts me off before I could finish, I feel my limbs going numb as I hear him utter Marcus’s name.

“My Lord-” I start talking but get cut off again.

“ANSWER ME!” he grabs me by the hair and yanks me down on my knees, making me look up at his face. The rage is visible in his eyes, I groan in pain.

“You…you're hurting me. What happened? Did I anger you somehow?” I ask pleadingly, afraid of his rage.

He lets out a sarcastic laugh and glares at me bitterly, “Now you want to play a fool, huh? Tell what you were up to with that mongrel?”

“Marcus and I just met a few times when I was walking by the lake,” I answered through the pain I felt in my scalp.

“I married a noble woman, not a harlot. Did you forget what I told you on your first day here? You're no longer a Slovan, you bear the name Atticus now. How dare you sully my family's name!” He roars furiously as I flinch, “I…I didn't…”

“I've been far too lenient with you,” he grabs the front of my dress and rips it open. I try to pull away but his grip on my arm feels like iron.

He drags me to the bed and forces me to lay face down, chaining up my wrists. I try to roll out, but his strength is far superior.

“Please let me go. I did nothing,” I weep, pleading to him.

He yanks my head back, making me look into his eyes as tears stream down my cheeks, “You look beautiful when you cry,” he smiles sadistically as he gets up and brings out a whip.

“Wh…what are you doing?” I ask, horrified at the sight of the leather whip.

(⚠️ TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️)

He observes the whip with a smirk with a crazy look in his eyes, “I'm marking what's mine,” with that, he brings the whip down on my thighs as I let out a scream of pure agony.

“Did you enjoy how that lowly mutt touched you?” He brings down the whip over and over again, creating deep welts on my back and thighs.

“Please…it hurts. There's nothing between Marcus and I,” my hands clutch onto the sheet as I feel like I'm getting consumed by pain and fear.

“Maybe I should chop off his tongue and hands for talking and presumably touching my wife,” he brings down the whip again, blood splatters on the sheet as I let out a blood curdling scream, kicking and screaming to escape.

“Please don't hurt Marcus,” I beg, thinking about Marcus's and his family's well being.

He yanks me up by the hair and looks me into the eyes, “If he isn't your lover, why do you care so much as to beg for his life?” His gaze feels almost melting. My struggles against the shackles have bruised my wrists.

“Please…listen-” before I can finish, he brings down the whip again. I don't know how many lashes it has already been. My back and thighs feel almost numb from pain, my body is tired of struggling as I go limp under him.

The sheet is stained with my blood and tears as I lose consciousness from the excruciating pain.

(⚠️ TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️)

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

As he senses her vulnerable state of unconsciousness, he grins and raises her head, observing her delicate features.

Noticing a droplet of blood on her cheek, he gets close to her and licks it away, savouring the taste of her blood.

“My flower looks the best in my garden. If anyone tries to steal her, I'll make their blood rain,” he grins sadistically as he runs his hands through her hair.

“Darling, if you think we are already done, you couldn't be more wrong,” he whispers in her ear and gets up, calling in a guard.

The guard comes in and gets horrified by the bloody mess on the bed and his eyes fall on the wounds on her back.

“EYES DOWN!” Caius roars, “before I pluck them out,” he says in an eerily calming voice, indicating he'd do it if he didn't obey this instance.

The guard quickly hangs his head low, gulping as a shiver runs down his spine.

“Go tell Lisa to bring me some cold water and lime,” he commands and the guard rushes out. He lays on the bloody sheet beside her and thinks,

We're just getting started…

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Enjoy everyone! Don't forget to like and comment!