✿𝐑𝐎𝐈✿-14-

🦢

"YOU. THREE. AGAIN. What have you done this time?!"

Crowley's voice trembled with emotion as he spoke, the weight of his words accompanied by the imaginary tears that trickled down his cheeks,"Burning a statue wasn't enough for you? Now you've destroyed a chandelier?!
Enough. All of you are expelled."
With a pronounced huff, he declared his statement, the forcefulness of his words palpable in the air, causing the boy's eyes to widen in a mixture of shock and fear, as the gravity of the situation settled upon them both.

Deuce approached the head mage, his demeanor pleading as he practically begged for leniency, hoping desperately to avoid expulsion. Meanwhile, if one were to observe closely, they could discern a visible swelling of pride in Crowley's chest, his satisfaction evident in both his demeanor and physical presence.

With an air of defiance, he inflated his chest like the proud bird he resembled, his stance unwavering even as the boys kept thinking about their fleeting school life that they could've had.

"Then blame yourself for your foolish behavior."

"I'll pay for the damages! However much it costs!"

Crowley blinked with an owl-like intensity, fixing his gaze upon the raven-haired boy with a mixture of curiosity and anticipation, his expression betraying a depth of thought and scrutiny. "That chandelier is no mere light fixture.
It is a magical chandelier. Its candles are powered by a magical energy source, enchanted so that they will burn for eternity.
It was created for us by a legendary artificer. Possibly their finest creation.
It has been here since the school was established, and I imagined it would be here forevermore.
Considering its historical value, I would estimate its worth to be no less than a billion thaumarks.
And you intend to repay that sum?"

As the amount was mentioned, Deuce's voice faltered, its once confident tone now replaced by a meekness that mirrored the sinking feeling in his stomach. The sheer magnitude of the sum demanded left him feeling nauseous, wondering how on earth he could possibly procure such a vast amount of money.

The idea of selling a kidney flitted through his mind, but he quickly dismissed it, lacking both the courage and the belief that the school was worth such a sacrifice.

Despite his noble intentions of aiding a damsel in distress and seeking justice against Ace, he now grappled with the harsh reality of potentially sacrificing everything he had worked for.

Nevertheless, Deuce couldn't escape the weight of responsibility for the shattered chandelier. Now, he was forced to confront the consequences of his actions.

"B-But I'm sure with your magical talent, sir, you could snap your fingers and fix it right up!"
Despite his limp, Ace joined Deuce, his determination evident despite the physical discomfort he endured.

"Even magic has its limits.
Furthermore, its magestone - the figurative heart of any magical artifact - is cracked.
A magestone cannot easily be replaced.
I fear the candles of this majestic chandelier will never burn again."

As the head mage sighed in distress, a collective sense of dread washed over them, causing the color to drain from their faces in response to the gravity of the situation. Y/N's arrival, cradling Grim in her arms, only intensified the tension.

"Surely there must be a solution," Y/N suggested optimistically, her words tinged with a hint of hope. "Magical items often offer multiple avenues for repair, unless, of course, the object itself is comprised solely of pure magic, devoid of any earthly elements."

The girl's explanation flowed effortlessly, as if it were second nature to her, leaving the two boys gaping in awe at her depth of knowledge.

"Ah...! Now that you mention it there may be a way.
One tiny sliver of a chance to repair this chandelier."

"There is?!"
With a burst of excitement, both Ace and Deuce exclaimed loudly, their voices filled with newfound hope at the possibility of salvaging their academic futures.

"The magestone that powered this chandelier was mined from the Dwarfs' Mine.
If you can acquire a magestone with the same properties, it may be possible to repair it."

As hope surged within them, the color gradually returned to the boys' faces, their features illuminated by the glow of optimism as they exchanged glances filled with renewed determination and anticipation."Then I'll go find a magestone!
With your permission, sir!" Deuce said with a bright smile.

"Hmmm... Very well, then. I will suspend your expulsion for a single night.
But if you fail to return with a magestone by morning, then all of you are expelled." In a casual manner, Crowley brushed off the potential dangers of the mission, seemingly unconcerned about the risks involved and the safety of his students,
Oh but who cares about the details? Crowley definitely doesn't.

" Fine, then. Let's hurry down there, find a magestone, and get this whole thing done with."
Ace let out a weary sigh, shaking his head as exhaustion weighed heavily upon him.

"You should be able to reach the Dwarfs' Mine instantly by using one of the gates in the Mirror Chamber."
With a simple statement, Crowley vanished, leaving behind nothing but a pile of black feathers as evidence of his departure.

As the gentle breeze carried the feathers to the ground, Y/n reached out and plucked one from the air. Holding it delicately between her fingers, she studied it with care, running her hand along its soft strands and taking in its intricate details.

And she couldn't resist the playful impulse to tickle Grim's nose with the feather, eliciting a sneeze and a reproachful glare from the feline, which only served to make her laugh even more.

Once Grim had regained his bearings, Y/n gently set him down and followed behind the duo, who were engrossed in their friendly banter as they navigated their way to the mirror chamber.

I'll be ending the prologue next chapter \(٥⁀▽⁀ )/