✿𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐎𝐔𝐂𝐇✿-10-

🦢

"Pretty cool, huh?
Not like some piddling weasel."
The boy smirked, exuding a menacing aura as he looked down at Grim. We exchanged puzzled glances, though my expression conveyed more confusion than Grim's, who wore a scowl on his lips.

"Pfft... Ah ha ha! I can't hold it back anymore! Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
Come on, you're the ones who turned orientation into such a fiasco, right?
The one summoned by the Dark Mirror yet doesn't belong here, and the monster is not summoned at all.
It took everything I had not to burst into laughter right in the middle of the ceremony!"

As soon as the words escaped his lips, a frown etched itself onto my face, mirroring Grim's expression of rage. My hands clenched into tight fists, trembling with pent-up fury as I directed a scathing glare towards the laughing boy.

You say I don't belong here, and you may be right, but that doesn't mean I won't prove you wrong. I'll show you who truly doesn't belong here.

"So in the end, neither of you got admitted, and now you're janitors? Ah ha ha! SO lame!"

I had initially intended to calm myself down and extend the olive branch of forgiveness, but his actions have shown that he doesn't deserve such mercy. To mock me and laugh in my face, right before my eyes! He certainly has some nerve, I'll give him that.

"Anyway, just thought I'd tease you a bit. And man am I glad I did. It's been a blast!
Unlike you, I have classes to get to, so I'll let you get back to picking up trash. Bye!"

"Myuh-uh! You ain't walkin' away from me! It's too late for that!
Myaaaaah!"

Finally fed up with Ace's rudeness, Grim springs into action, unleashing a burst of blue fire in his direction, narrowly missing singeing his hair.

Ace swiftly dodges the incoming attacks, his movements fluid and precise. With a glare sharp as daggers, he retrieves his magical pin and points it menacingly in Grim's direction.

He follows up with a powerful blast of wind, extinguishing Grim's fire magic and leaving my once-stunning hair in disarray.

"Awww... Can't hit me with your little fireballs?"

Fueled by frustration and determination, I refuse to remain a mere bystander any longer. With swift movements, I charge between them, channeling my magic to restrain Ace. Slowly but surely, his wind magic begins to escape from his body like wisps of smoke, flowing into mine.

As I absorb the power, a sense of contentment washes over me. Though not as pure as Grim's magic, derived from a magical beast, the newfound strength is invigorating. It's always a pleasure to feel myself growing stronger, regardless of the source.

Ace shivers, placing a hand on his face to alleviate the sudden dizziness. Opening his eyes, though unfocused, they still manage to find me.

"W-what did you do...?" he stammers, his voice tinged with confusion and apprehension.

With a self-assured chuckle, I sauntered towards him, lowering myself slightly until we were eye to eye.

I assertively grasped his chin between my fingers, forcefully turning his face from left to right to scrutinize him more closely.

He may be good-looking, but what value do looks hold when overshadowed by an attitude as tainted as a poisonous apple?

"You would make a perfect addition to my collection," I remark, a hint of amusement in my voice. "Keep working hard, and allow me to absorb your magic, okay?~"

With a laugh, I release my hold on him, intending to return to Grim, but before I can, Grim suddenly leaps up and hurls a ball of fire in our direction.

Thankfully, I react swiftly, harnessing the newly acquired wind magic to divert the ball of fire elsewhere before it can reach us.

Unfortunately, despite my efforts, the ball of fire veers off course and heads straight for the statue of the Queen of Hearts, slowly reducing it to a charred, charcoal black.

"Grim! What were you thinking? Why did you attack us? Look what you've done, you've burned the statue!" I exclaim, frustration evident in my voice.

"That's your fault for tryin' to divert it! You shoulda just let it burn him to a crisp!"

Under my breath, I let out a small curse as I turn towards the still-burning statue. With a quick gesture, I conjure an orb of water and splash it onto the flames, extinguishing them.

The fire may have been swiftly extinguished, but the sight of the Queen of Hearts' melted face leaves me cringing in dismay. What on earth am I going to tell Crowley about this?

"Y/n! What is going on here? Cease this at once!"

As if on cue, Crowley appears, his once cheerful expression swiftly souring as his eyes fall upon the melting statue.

I turn to walk towards Crowley, only to nearly trip over the unconscious form of Ace, who had evidently fainted at some point unbeknownst to me.

"Did I not just warn you, "No more incidents"?
And now you've charred one of my statues?! And a student of mine has fainted!
It's almost as though you WANT to be expelled!"

"I tried to stop him, but..."

I attempt to explain, but Crowley swiftly cuts me off by swatting his hand in a strange motion, before abruptly placing Ace into my arms.

"Grim and y/n.
As punishment for today's infractions, you are hereby ordered to wash a hundred windows! But for now, take him to the infirmary."

As he walks away, Crowley motions towards Ace before taking Grim by the ear and leading him off to continue his duties, leaving me standing there with Ace in my arms, still grappling with the aftermath of the chaos.

"Ugh, I just can't catch a break!"

Mumbling to myself, I begin to make my way back inside the school, carrying Ace in my arms, pondering how to handle the situation that had just unfolded.