✿𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋✿-4-

🦢

"What?"
Softly, Crowley's voice floated through the air, barely audible. His expression transformed into a canvas of astonishment as he shifted his gaze towards me.

I let out a heavy sigh, fighting back the welling tears, as I recounted the very instance of my demise and the mysterious journey that brought me to this very place.

With unwavering focus, he lent a keen ear to every syllable that escaped my lips, his nods affirming his grasp of the tangled web of bewilderment and anguish consuming me at this very moment.

"In all my years of teaching, I have never come across such an occurrence, but I reckon exploring the library might provide us with additional insights."

I trailed after him as we made our way to the library, and from the moment I stepped inside, I was awestruck by its grandeur. The sheer magnificence of the space seemed to emanate an aura of infinite wisdom and enchantment.

As I assisted Crowley in his search for answers regarding my predicament, he meticulously accumulated a myriad of books before meticulously examining their contents.

"Just as I'd suspected. Nothing.
Not only is your homeland not listed on any map from any point in history.
the only explanation is that you've come from another planet.
Or perhaps you were summoned here from another dimension? "

"But for what reason? I was faced with the very real possibility of death, just as my father had, so how is it that I was granted another opportunity at life?"

he carefully returned the books to their rightful spot, Crowley immersed himself in deep contemplation, pondering over the queries I had posed.

"Show me everything that you brought here with you.
Do you have some form of identification, a driver's license perhaps? Or even a...shoe? You do seem a tad bit...empty-handed."

I cast my eyes upon my ebony ballet slippers, their shimmering essence unfazed despite the arduous combat I valiantly endured.

In addition to my enchanting powers and distinctive attire, there was nothing else adorning my person. Taking a deliberate step forward, I directed his attention to my feet, allowing him an ample opportunity to admire the black shoes.

In an unexpected display, he delicately held the shoes, a graceful touch not typical of his usual demeanor.

As his gentle touch traced the glossy jewels and smooth ribbon securely embracing my ankle, a glimmer reflected in his eyes, as if a distant memory had been awakened within him.

"Pray tell, from what enchanted emporium did you acquire these splendid shoes?"

"These were handcrafted by my father exclusively for me."

The memory of receiving these shoes from him is etched in my mind with such intensity that it feels as though it will never fade away. This gift was not just an empty gesture to make me happy momentarily; it was given with heartfelt sincerity, a genuine expression of his affection for me.

Over the course of time, I witnessed the gentle caress of my father's weathered hand, which tenderly stroked my head, exuding kindness that gradually diminished.

"May I inquire about the name of your father, if you don't mind sharing?"

"Von Rothbart"

Crowley's breath caught in his chest, overcome by the resonance of the name resounding within his thoughts, akin to a timeless melody that refuses to fade from memory.

He released his grip on my foot and proceeded to search through the collection of books once more.

With a sense of urgency, I follow closely behind him and surreptitiously glance at the page that has captivated his attention.

Despite the picture's lack of high-quality resolution, I was still able to discern the person's features with remarkable clarity.

"Father?"

In a state of bewilderment, I impulsively shoved Crowley aside without a second thought, driven by an intense desire to examine more closely the photograph capturing the image of the man whom my heart cherishes, despite any potential cruelty that might have defined him.

My attempts to hold back the tears proved futile, as they cascaded down my cheeks effortlessly, their journey coinciding with the fixed and emotionless countenance of my Father.

I yearn for him deeply.

"Y/n, you are the offspring of one of the esteemed group known as the great eight!"

With cheeks marked by tears and eyes swollen, my gaze fixates upon him. In response, he delicately clears his throat, quelling the fervor that had consumed him.

"There are eight influential figures in the world, called The Great Eight whose deeds are told through many legends."

He provided a detailed description and visually presented me with the photographs of the rest of the individuals.

"I don't even belong in this world, how could my father be such an influential person in a world he had no idea existed?"

How extraordinary it is that my father holds such sway in a world he remains blissfully unaware of.

After pondering for some time, Crowley's countenance remained bereft of any sign of discovery or resolution.

"I cannot be certain about that aspect, but one thing I am certain of is that you hold tremendous significance as an individual, and the entire world deserves to be aware of this remarkable quality you possess. I can envision the shower of compliments that will undoubtedly follow!"

With a fierce gaze directed towards him, I angrily brushed away the tears streaming down my face.

"No way! You absolutely cannot disclose this information to anyone until I collect more data.", I firmly asserted, determined to acquire additional details before allowing any revelations to be made.

An audible inhale of astonishment slipped from his mouth as he vigorously shook his head, expressing his disagreement.

"Intriguingly, this shall not suffice, for as you are well aware, each of the esteemed eight held dominion over a fascinating realm of Twisted Wonderland; therefore, being the offspring of one entitles you to the grandeur and prestige befitting royalty!"

I was taken aback, my eyes enlarging in surprise while my jaw dropped, leaving my mouth agape.

"Royalty?!"