✿𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐌𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐒 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐘 𝐂𝐋𝐔𝐁✿-3-

🦢

"Off With Your Head!"

"MYAH?! What are you doing?!"

Grim yanked on the collar, attempting to remove it, but it refused to budge.

I picked him up from the ground and used my magic to remove the anti-magic collar.

"Hey!"
The redhead yelled in surprise as he saw his magic easily countered.

Grim wiggled free of my grip as he attempted to summon his fire magic, but no matter how hard he tried, nothing came out.

"I absorbed your magic but I'll give it back to you if you behave"

As I patted him, I explained to him as if he were a child.

In annoyance, he grimaced and huffed.

"Y/n!Was I not clear that you are expected to take responsibility for your familiar?
Now discipline your—What's that? It isn't yours? "

"I've told you repeatedly that it isn't mine!"

Crowley's cheeks flushed with shame, and he cleared his throat, grabbing Grim and handing him to another as they escorted him away.

"Oh...Is that so?
*Ahem* Then I shall have it expelled from campus. I shall even spare it from being served as dinner.
My, but I AM kind. "

I rolled my eyes at his statement and looked back at the gentlemen who were staring at us.

The redhead wore a large frown on his youthful face and leveled an accusatory finger at me.

"Rule 763: Magic absorption is forbidden!" You are required by law to depart these premises immediately."

"I'm afraid I can't do that."

The youngster's face flushed scarlet with rage, and I was sure he'd launch at me if it hadn't been for the lad with glasses who gripped him tightly and pushed him back a bit.

"Now, now, Riddle, you should keep calm, I'm sure she has a good reason for her actions."

Crowley nodded as he moved between us and focused his attention on his students.

"Well, that was quite the unexpected fracas. I hereby declare that orientation has concluded.
Housewardens, please escort your students back to the dorms.
...Hm? Come to think of it, I don't see Housewarden Draconia of House Diasomnia anywhere."

The lion-eared lad clicked his tongue and ran his fingers through his thick, enticing hair.

"And that surprises you? Dude's a total recluse."

"Wait a sec... Did anyone even invite him?"

I sympathized with the draconia guy, knowing how it feels to be feared and never approached due to your past and origins, though I'm sure his isn't as heinous as mine.

Murmurs shattered the tense silence that had existed for a few seconds.

"Draconia... Like, Malleus Draconia? THAT Draconia?"

"So it's true? He really does go to school here?"

My muscles tightened as I sensed a person behind me, their breath lightly caressing my neck as they inhaled.

"Ah. Just as I'd expected.
I figured I'd come down and see for myself whether Malleus had made an appearance.
But once again, he was evidently not informed that his presence was required at an official ceremony."

I whirled abruptly around to meet dazzling Fuschia eyes that peered at me with fascination.

As he chuckled, I took a few steps back and put some space between us.

"I mean, you must admit, he's not exactly the easiest person to strike up a conversation with."

Riddle replied with a pout that I admit was the cutest thing I've ever witnessed in my timeline.

A sigh escaped the boy with a strangely deep voice that did not match his baby face.

"No matter. All who were assigned to House Diasomnia, follow me. I just hope he doesn't sulk about this."

And with that, everyone departed the ceremony room, leaving me and the headmage alone to chat.

"Well, Y/n. This is a most unfortunate turn of events.
I'm afraid that you will not be attending Night Raven College after all.
You're a girl and unfortunately, I can't allow you to stay here even with your extraordinary magic.
But worry not. The Dark Mirror will see you safely home.
Now, step into the gate, and visualize the place you came from."

I confronted the dark glass with sadness; how was I expected to tell him that I was truly dead in my former world?

"O Dark Mirror! Return this soul to where it belongs!"

The black mirror said nothing and only looked, which made me and Crowley anxious.

"*Ahem* L-let us, er...try this again. O Dark Mirror! Return this soul—"

"I cannot, There is no place in this world where this soul belongs.
None."

Crowley was on the verge of going nuts; not only had the mirror brought the incorrect student, but it also couldn't bring them back?!

"How can that be? My, but today is a veritable cavalcade of impossible phenomena!"

"To tell the truth, I'm actually dead in my world"