✿𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇✿-6-

🦢

"Hwaaahhh! We gotta get out of here! Before we disappear for good!"
With a shrill cry of terror, the ghost disappeared into thin air, vanishing alongside its spectral companion, as if whisked away to another realm.

I breathed a heavy sigh of relief and fatigue as I gently placed Grim on the ground.

With a mix of shock and wonder, Grim gazed upon the vacant hallway. The feeling of disbelief washed over him as he realized he had conquered the eerie ghosts, his heart pounding with exhilaration and astonishment.

His eyes lit up with a radiant sparkle as he cast a fleeting glance in my direction.

"H-huh? Did we... win?"
He whispered under his breath, his words tinged with uncertainty and a desperate need for confirmation of the unbelievable sight before his eyes.

A warm smile spread across my face as I looked at him and gave a nod, unable to contain my joy.

"You were absolutely amazing!"

Upon hearing my words, a smile spread across his face as he placed his soft paws  on his hips and let out a proud chuckle.

"Aw, geez, I was scared outta my-
I mean, they didn't faze me one bit!"
I couldn't help but raise an eyebrow in disbelief at what he had just said. His arrogance and lack of proper manners in  certain situations were actually refreshing for me. It was like a gust of lively energy that I didn't know I needed.
I used to be trapped by the opinions and gossip of those around me, constantly weighed down by their judgments and whispers.

Right at the moment when I was on the verge of uttering a snarky remark, Crowley made a grand entrance into the hallway, striking a dramatic pose.

"Good evening. In another gesture of my immense kindness, I have brought you dinner.
Wait. That's the creature we ejected for causing trouble at orientation! What is it doing here?!"

His voice rang out in anger as he jabbed a trembling finger at the fluffy creature, who was visibly fuming at the sight of the  sinister crowman.

"Takin' care of yer ghost problem, that's what. You're welcome, by the way!"
He responded with a cocky grin on his face. With a playful smirk, I approached Crowly and gently relieved him of the plate of food he was holding, anticipating  a potential disaster as he theatrically gestured with his hand.

"What is the meaning of this, Y/n?
But you know, on that topic, I do seem to recall that this dorm had a mischievous ghost problem.
Ah, yes... That's why it was abandoned, in fact. The ghosts scared away all the students.
And you're saying that you two joined forces to drive them away?"

"Joined forces" ain't exactly how I'd describe it.
More like I drove 'em away, and the human watched. And I only did it 'cause I wanted some tuna."

With a fierce gaze, I locked eyes with Grim, whose demeanor immediately softened as he understood the unspoken warning I was conveying. He cowered back a few steps in response.

He had the audacity to say I only stood there and helplessly witnessed everything unfold before my eyes! Despite feeling angered by his comment, I have decided to show mercy and refrain from turning him into a mind slave.

"Would you two be so kind as to demonstrate your ghost-eradication methods for me?"

"The ghosts have disappeared, so are you suggesting that we take out our magic on you instead?"
I inquired, Crowley's face lit up with a beaming smile and he chirped in response.

"Hey... Wait a minute! I never got those cans of tuna ya promised!"

I let out a weary sigh and stole a glance at Grim, feeling a mix of frustration and irritation  towards him. Ultimately, I choose to brush off his presence and focus on my own thoughts instead.

"Yes, I will play the part of the ghost.
As for the tuna, you'll receive it when you defeat me. Oh, what generosity, Crowley...
Now, to chug this transmutation potion!"

With a swift motion, he reached into his coat and pulled out a glowing green elixir. Without hesitation, he gulped it down, causing a shiver to run down his spine as the potent flavor consumed him.

"Ah, you gotta be kiddin' me. I gotta work together with the human again?"
He let out a low, menacing growl and shot me a suspicious glance.

I reach down to lift him up, my face breaking into a sickeningly saccharine smile.

"Do it for the tuna, Master sorcerer!"I exclaimed with excitement, my voice rising in pitch as I gently cooed at him.

"Hrmph.
All right, but this is the last time. And I better be up to my jowls in tuna afterward!"

It's so simple to deceive him, but I can't blame him. After all, everyone falls for flattery—it's like a tempting poison that we all crave.