✿𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋✿-8-

"Odile."
The echo of a name, long abandoned, reverberated through the darkness. It carried with it a weight of vanity and a lingering curse, one that seemed to envelop me entirely.

I found myself submerged, not in the depths of water, but in the murky haze of confusion. The voice that called out my forsaken name remained elusive, its identity shrouded in mystery, leaving me adrift in a sea of uncertainty.

Each repetition of my name felt like a relentless incantation, spoken with a mixture of fervor and despair that pierced through the very core of my being.

In the midst of this surreal dream, suffocation was absent, replaced instead by an overwhelming sense of disquiet. The ceaseless repetition of my name became a haunting refrain, a reminder of the burdens I carried.

When I finally emerged from the depths of slumber, drenched in perspiration and gasping for air, I found solace in the presence of Grim, curled up beside me with an air of tranquility.

With a heavy sigh, I rose from the bed, careful not to disturb the peaceful creature at my side. As I went about my morning routine, the lingering traces of the dream lingered like a specter, casting a shadow over the start of the day.

It was only when I reached out to wake Grim, preparing to share in our morning meal, that the ghostly apparition from the previous day made its unexpected return.

"Hee hee hee... Aren't  you supposed to be off cleaning the school today?"

The spectral figure, its form flickering in and out of existence, turned its attention to the slumbering Grim. With a curious tilt of its head, it posed a question to the sleeping feline, its voice carrying a hollow echo through the room.

Grim, roused from his peaceful rest by the disturbance, twitched his tail in annoyance, the soft thud against the mattress betraying his irritation at being disturbed from his sleep. Despite his annoyance, he remained still, his eyes closed as if willing the ghostly visitor to disappear.

"Go ahead, sleep the day away. And you might not eeever hafta wake up again."

"Just like us! Ah ha ha ha ha ha!"

Grim's peaceful slumber was abruptly shattered as recognition dawned upon him, his eyes snapping open with a start. The voices echoing in the room struck a chord of familiarity, sending a jolt of adrenaline coursing through his feline frame.

With a sudden burst of energy, Grim catapulted himself out of bed, his movements swift and agile as he landed gracefully on the floor. His ears perked up, swiveling towards the source of the voices, his instincts on high alert.

"Myah?! The ghosts are back! Hey, y/n,  up and at 'em!"

He expressed his readiness to take on the ghosts once more as he leaped into my arms, his determination evident in his fervent actions.

Though his gesture was undeniably endearing, I deemed it unnecessary to engage in a confrontation, especially at such an early hour. Gently, I lowered Grim to the ground, preparing to address the spectral visitors.

Approaching the ghosts, I reassured them that harmony and coexistence were attainable, gesturing towards their worn-out hats as a symbol of my goodwill.

"I'll mend your hats and attend to any other requests you may have, provided you cease your disturbances," I offered with a warm smile.

The ghosts responded with cheers of approval before vanishing, just as a knock sounded at the door. Descending the stairs, we were greeted by the sight of a cheerful birdman awaiting us.

"Good morning, y/n. Did you sleep well?"

With evident joy, he exclaimed while giving me a friendly pat on the head.

"Not at all! When I sprawled out on the bed, the mattress fell right through the frame!
Exactly how ramshackle IS this dorm?
And worse yet, I  got woken up by ghosts!"

"I slept great!"

I remarked, shooting a glare at Grim for his excessive complaining, which I found to be more fitting for someone in my royal position.

Despite my silent frustration, Crowley emitted a subtle caw, a warning that went unnoticed by most, except for me. It seemed he was poised to peck Grim on the head with the beak of his mask if I didn't intervene. However, Crowley snapped out of his reverie and offered me a sweet smile, dispelling any lingering tension.

"I am delighted to hear that you've adjusted so well, despite being sent to another world!"
He chuckled warmly and guided me to the couch, where we settled down together. Birdman perched himself in front of me, while Grim nestled comfortably on my lap, content with the close proximity.

"Now, speaking of moving on, let us discuss your assignment for today. today I'll have you focus on the area spanning from the front gates to the library.
Now, y/n...
I do expect that you'll keep a close eye on Grim, lest he cause another incident like yesterday"
He handed Grim a list of cleaning tasks, and upon scanning it, the tiny cat emitted a groan of dismay.

"What about me?"

"You can begin by perusing these documents! They contain suggestions from students regarding campus improvements. I, unfortunately, have too much on my plate to delve into such juvenile notions," he chuckled, depositing a hefty stack of papers before me.

Grim glanced up at me and flashed a mischievous grin as my eye began to twitch.

"Have fun with that," he chimed in with a smirk.

I shot him a glare that quickly silenced his teasing.

"Do not fail me. You may take your lunch in the cafeteria.
I eagerly await the fruits of your labor."
Crowley muttered hurriedly as he darted away, eager to escape my potential wrath and avoid losing his head.

"Hrmph. I ain't cleanin' nothin'!
I'm here to study magic so I can be blastin' off spells left and right! Like BAM! POW! FWOOM!"

"Let's just head to the front gate for now."
I grumbled irritably. Ugh! Just the thought of the chores ahead made me feel like I was sprouting gray hairs on the spot.