✿𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐘✿-5-

🦢

"Uh, you want me to stay... here?"
Gazing intently at the location, a disapproving scowl formed on my face. The mere thought of calling that place home would have left my former self in a  state of unconsciousness.

"Isn't it delightful? Right, scoot inside now. There you go."

Fear runs through my veins as he forcefully ushers me into the opulent lounge area.

How long does he expect me to remain in this place, I wonder? The question echoed in my head as I stepped into the decrepit realm, I was instantly greeted by  a scene straight out of a haunted tale. The once magnificent place had become an embodiment of neglect, its decay visible in every nook and cranny. The very foundation seemed to groan under the weight of time, threatening to crumble at any moment.
This was far from the ideal setting for someone as important as myself.

"This should keep the elements at bay for the time being.
Now, I should return to my research. Do try to find some way to busy yourself.
But don't let me catch you wandering the campus! Ta!"

With a flourish of his hand, he bid farewell and hastened his stride as he departed the premises.
A sharp pang shot through me as a solitary droplet of water found refuge upon my weary head.

Raindrops commenced, a gentle melody upon their arrival.
With a swift snap, an array of buckets materialized before my eyes, seemingly conjured from the ethereal realms.

Gently scooping them into my trembling hands, I delicately positioned the fragments atop the rivulets, where the torrents had breached their watery confines.

Engrossed in my private affairs, the rhythm of footsteps abruptly seized my senses, diverting my undivided focus.

As I turned my head, a scene unfolded before my eyes - Grim, approached with an air of resilience. Balancing on his front  paws, he sought refuge from the rain.

"Grim? what're you doing here?"

With a scowl etched on his face, he emitted a low growl, betraying his mounting frustration.

"You took my fire magic! How am I supposed to be the greatest magician without my magic?!"

With a gentle smile, I lower myself to his eye level, tenderly patting his head.

"If you promise to help me clean this place I'll give you  your magic back."

"What?! No!"
He bellowed his response instantaneously, yet I could only muster a faint chuckle in response.

With a mischievous grin, I rose and commanded a broom into existence. Swiftly, I embarked on my quest to rid the floor of its earthly impurities.

"Looks like the enchantment of a lifetime  without magic awaits you,"I sneered mockingly.

Grim's gaze met his minuscule paws, and  his eyes widened in astonishment. Once a majestic feline, he now roamed as a common cat, devoid of any extraordinary  qualities.

In realization, he latched on to my broom with teary eyes.

"I'll help! I promise!"
With great delight, I watch as a mischievous smile creeps across my face, conjuring a diminutive broom, perfectly suited for his needs.