Chapter Seventeen

RavenFeather, Hollypounce, and Cowspot ran to where the screeching came from. They came to a page fence with a singular hole, and Cowspot could smell a familiar scent.

Dovestripe!?

"It's dovestripe! We can get in through here!" She flicked her tail towards the hole in the fence, she leaped easily through it to come face to face with a building.

She ran forward and skidded to a halt, seeing dovestripe cowering from massive dogs.

Suddenly a flash of a black and white cat ran away. Cowspot knew it was her father, but luckily they made it to dovestripe in time.

She reached for one of the dogs, "me and Hollypounce will chase these two dogs while you and Dovestripe run, we will be right behind you."

Hollypounce nodded, and so did RavenFeather, Cowspot scratched the back of one of their paws, along with hollypaw nipping the other ones leg.

The dogs turned, fury and anger bursting in their eyes burning in hunger. Their paws began thundering close to them while RavenFeather and Dovestripe waited for them.

When they made it over dovestripe hissed "you all go first, and hurry!"

Gasping, Cowspot leaped through, followed closely was RavenFeather, then Hollypounce. Dovestripe saw the dogs nearing, and leaped through the hole, until she was squeezed by the fence, she snarled, reaching out to try to escape.

"Great Starclan, please don't let me end like th-" a loud screech came from her mouth, and a tearing sound.

A crack in the fence showed that both dogs had ripped her legs off, and she was bleeding out. RavenFeather and Hollypounce began pulling at her paws, Cowspot joined in, and Dovestripe yowled again.

Those dogs are eating her in half!!!

She stared in shock, and Tried again "keep trying! M- maybe we can..."

They all pulled her from the fence harder , then a sudden crash. They all fell back, and half of cowspots past mentor lay in front of her.

She yowled in terror and grief. "Dovestripe!" She played on dovestripe dead body, sobbing. She growled in anger as she looked up, to see the dogs licking their bloody jaws.

She unsheathed her claws , and began running towards the hole in the fence, anger flowing through her veins. She felt a tug on her tail and fell back, on the ground. "There's nothing we can do, Cowspot, its to late, im sorry."

RavenFeather was gently sharing tongues with her, but she could sense him and Hollypounce gasping for air and shaking in fear.

She stood up, "my father did this!" She growled. "I saw him running!" She shook her head. "RavenFeather, take her body to camp. Me and Hollypounce are going to kill my father."

RavenFeather hesitated and shook his head, Cowspot turned and snapped, insanity bursting through her eyes. "Go, now! And tell them not to bury her until I arrive! " She turned, Hollypounce trailed behind as Cowspot started rushing forward.

She went around the fence where the dogs were in, and ran , following a short scent trail, she paused, she saw him.

He was standing there, looking at her. "About time, daughter." He hissed, "you have come to join me. You know my power now."

Cowspot shook her head, "as if." She saw a her mother, a starry figure, and another starry figure beside her... Dovestripe! She thought, grief wrenching her stomach.

They both looked infuriated, claws out, as they stared on.
"I have Starclan, on my side." She snarled.

"Don't you understand, Cowspot." Badgerclaw snarled. "She was never a good mentor, I am a better mentor, I am slash. "

She grumbled at his new name, and he disrespected her mentor.. "enough, you are no longer my father. You are simply a rogue."

Slash chuckled, and sighed "well. I may be, but i-" Cowspot flung herself onto him, slamming him to the ground and pinning him, Hollypounce rushed forward and bit into his shoulder.

She scratches open his throat, blood sputtering her face. Then left him to die, without realizing that he was fine, she hadn't hit an artery yet, he stood up and sent her tumbling to the ground, and slashed open her side.

She felt a spasm of pain move through her, as she collapsed.

Hollypounce shrieked "Cowspot!" She rushed forward and leaped onto slash, raking the back of his neck with her sharp claws, fur landing beside him.

He growled and flung her off, slashing her chest open, she collapsed, and Slash ran, deep into the forest.

Cowspot felt herself growing unconscious, she thought of RavenFeather, he would be waiting for her by now, for her to return to camp.

Perhaps.. she and Hollypounce never would be returning to the camp.

Paws thundered the ground, and a familiar voice meowed, "oh no! I'm to late!, I'll get Goldensky!"

Surely it was RavenFeather?