Chapter Twelve

Her fur bristled as her father stepped from the bushes and licked a paw, somewhat a bit of hope was in her eyes. "Dad?" She whispered he looked at her. "Hello...CowPaw." she recoiled and looked down. She looked up, "CowSpot."she shook her head and looked at him. "I'm glad you've decided to come back to the clans."

He let out a chuckle and looked at her, "I'm not going to join the pathetic clans again, but daughter come with me and you can be with one of your family members." She shook her head. Her eyes filling with a flash of sadness; "I..will never leave the clans." She stated, looking up at him.

He let out a exasperated sigh, "your mother is gone. Your clan hates you. Who more do you have? I am your father. Come with me!" He took one step forward the anger filling his eyes as he scratched the soil beneath him, with every pawstep.

She shook her head and looked at him, her heart pounding"no...I'm sorry..but I'll be loyal..mom wouldn't want this!" She whispered she saw anger in her father's eyes and he looked at her.

"Very well, be a pathetic cat then." He flicked his tail in anger and turned around, "we will go now," he looked behind him and meowed "but watch your back CowSpot. Just because I'm your father doesn't mean anything. You have made a mistake." With that he walked away leaving CowSpot standing there.

She thought for a moment her fur bristling at the words he spoke, she felt her breathe come out, shakily, as she tore at the thoughts in her mind. She looked scared, as she turned to look at RavenFeather. Taking A breathe she mewed quietly "should we head back to camp?"

SwiftStrike stood by Hollypounce, the both of them where heavily panting. "Yes, we should report this to RisingStar."
CowSpot nodded, walking limply and sorely along with them, her fur rustled. "CowSpot, I guarantee the leader doesn't hate you." RavenFeather whispered gently nudging her.

She swallowed and looked at him, "yea..yea I know.." her curiosity was getting the best of her. She limped and as they found the patch of brambles, they squeezed in, ignoring the sharp pain. With her shoulder dripping in blood she made her way to GoldenSky's den, for a moment she paused.

She watched as the other cats went to the leaders den first, and turned around walking to them. As she wandered in , RisingStar was in the back corner, her fur a bit bristly. "What?" She demanded.

Sighing CowSpot stood, her heart was pounding, and the sadness was clear in her eyes. "We were hunting. Hollypounce and SwiftStrike were being attamcked.. they're were rouges. And my dad." She quickly explained, not wanting to speak.

A flash of guilt was in RisingStars eyes, then it turned into stone cold fury. "Why would you report rouges!? And your father!? They were probably sent by the RavineClan warriors! To torment us!" Hollypounce, SwiftStrike, And RavenFeather looked at eachother.

"RisingStar, her fathe-" RavenFeather was interrupted by RisingStar once more, "I know! Her father left us! He is no longer to be spoken of!" She snarled flailing her tail. "He has destroyed my leadership!"

"Her father was leading the rogue group." RavenFeather finished. RisingStar pricked her ears, her fur now on end , "he left. To be a rogue!?" CowSpot nodded slowly "he asked me to join him and I said no.." she whispered.

RisingStar snarled "get to the medicine den. We will discuss this matter later. Not now." Her fur layed flat again as they all walked out.

RisingStar called from her den, making CowSpot jump, "CowSpot, not you!" CowSpot ignored the stinging in her fur. Turning around she trudged into the leaders den.

"Yes RisingStar?" CowSpot whispered, her tired paws carrying her to the den. RisingStar looked tired, and as if she fought a thousand battles. "Your father, wa there anything on his neck?"