Chapter fourteen

It was cold, almost to cold, her breathe was heaving from her lungs, she felt as if Starclan had taken her away, and she was in the dark forest.

She was wounded badly, she could still feel the matted bloody fur on her, but also pinned lightly by what seemed to be.... Ugh...she didn't know, she couldn't lift her neck.

She squirmed around, wondering why she was in wherever she was in, then she remembered that she fainted. A scent flowed into the room, and she squirmed away.

"Keep still." A cat mewed "do you want the herbs to fall and you to get infected!?" It was goldensky. Her voice was harsh, and she squirmed.

"Goldensky...." She whispered, feeling almost kitlike. "Do they hate me..?..do you hate me?.." she waited, but the air was damp and quiet, making Cowspot tremble.

After what seemed like two moons, goldensky responded. "I... Don't think they hate you, I think they are scared, and I don't hate you, but your mom is..." She sighed.

Cowspot looked at her from the corner of her eye, her fur looked matted, and not golden but brown, and her eyes dull with pain.

"I just wanted to be able to save her, I remember when you were a kit. And I remember you never wanting to leave the nursery away from your mom."

Cowspot stayed very quiet and stared at the dens wall, she breathed heavily. "I miss her so much.." she whispered. "I don't know why my dad did this..." She whispered. "I hate him..."

Goldensky stayed silent. "You'll be in here for another few days, you'll miss the gathering tomorrow. But you'll have visitors, possibly."

"Has anyone visited yet?.." Cowspot whispered hopefully, there was a quiet sound and then she saw goldensky shake her head. She curled up, disappointed, surely Ravenfeather would have visited her right?..

She whimpered as she felt more herbs being pressed against her wounds, then after a second, fell asleep in a curled ball.

                                               ★★★

Cowspot felt sunlight on her fur, it felt nice, and she was warm the whole night, as if someone was lying by her, she saw a faded figure of her mother stand up, lick her forehead, and disappear.

She felt comforted, and a familiar sent came in... Hollypounce!

Hollypounce came in with prey in her jaws "hey I'm so sorry I couldn't visit, I was busy but I wanted to come visit you, I asked Ravenfeather and swiftstrike but they didn't..."

Cowspot purred and rubbed her face against hollypounces "you don't hate me..!?"

Hollypounce sighed "no..I could never...I was just.... scared!" She purred, she was able to sit up a bit, but it took lots of her energy.

Hollypounce purred louder, "after the gathering tonight I'll tell you Everything!" Cowspot sat up, "why does Ravenfeather...Hate me?.."

Hollypounce looked at her "I'm sure he doesn't, now, wanna eat some prey?" She nudged a fish near her, Cowspot didn't realize how hungry she was, and took a huge bite, the taste of prey filling her mouth. She was starving.

When she looked up she realized hollypounce was Talking to goldensky. she watched. "Risingstar wants to talk to you by the way." Hollypounce said while walking out "I have to go hunting for now so I'll be back later..! Love you..!"

Cowspot purred, and added "okay bye love you to!" Hollypounce jolted out, and she saw risingstar step in.

"Cowspot." She hissed.

Cowspot trembled "im sorry I don't know why I started attacking tumblefoot and you I just didn't understand what to do and I know it's bad but i-"

Risingstar stopped her "im not mad. I just need to tell you something. The reason I had accusations about your father so fast was because... Well.." she sighed " this was the night you were born, there was a cat, a cat who lost his mate from a killer cat, the cat was upset and killed other cats before running to be in the forest."

She gasped, "he put a collar on and he put dog teeth in it. Remember how tumblefoot described the killer of his mate."

Cowspot stayed quiet "collar with dog teeth...." She whispered "my dad was the killer...." She whispered, ashamed, of what her father did.

Risingstar sighed. "But you attacking him was not a right choice, and for that the clan is scared of you and are judging you. Only you can fix that really." Risingstar murmured confidently.

Cowspot nodded, though she didn't know how. She watched risingstars tail disappear from the den as she walked out.

She sighed not understanding anything she could get more prey, but that's just a job, she could work with the kits, but their mothers wouldn't let her.

She could just..stay away.

That would help.