Chapter seven

Lightfern sat quietly, "Lightfern! Can you tell me a story!?" Cowkit barely able to manage her excitement stumbled towards her.

"Oh of course sweet Cowkit ! " Cowkit excitedly sat by Lightfern listening to her contently. "Well would you like to know a myth of a large water beast?"

Cowkit squeaked loudly "yes! Please!" Lightfern got comfortable. She looked at her eyes "long ago in the beginning of all clans there was a large flood," she began quietly. "and in this large flood there were cats that claimed to spot a large being bigger then a half moon of warriors."

Cowkit swallowed and excitedly lashed her tail "the cats believed that the being was to ruin the clan. It had a strange long snout and a scally pelt said to feel like rocks. It was the color of the grass under the water, if cats were under they couldn't see it." She looked back into CowKits eyes.

"And it's eyes were as dark as the darkest night, that watched any cats every move." She continued. "Then Splash! In one bite it would drag the warrior down the cat no match for it's large jaws!"

Cowkit jumped back at the word Splash frightened but intrigued she squeaked partly loud and heard a queen growl. "If it managed to catch you you could not escape! It's large paws like no other beast! " Cowkit shook her tail and squealed louder "I would be able to beat it!" She mewed courageously.

"Of course you would Cowkit your the most courageous kit in the clan, I hope you will be my apprentice" she meowed licking CowKits head.

Cowkit purred "me to!" She cuddled near Lightfern and SageBreeze trotted in meowing playfully "you have a new mom?"

Suddenly Lightferns eyes started to go wide and filled with death she felt everything fading around her and she appeared on the scene of her death.

She gasped filled with dread, "No!" She yelped running forward and placing her muzzle on Lightferns throat.

{}

She grunted waking up in pain. She had been having those dreams ever since Lightferns death. She curled up as the sun streamed on her fur.

Nothing felt comfortable to her anymore but she was healing though her leg was stiff she had to go moving with her friend VioletPaw.

She hissed as VioletPaw prodded her up. "Let's move your leg we need to get it a little loose" she licked her ear and helped her up. Cowpaw leaned on her shoulder for support she felt more pain with Lightferns death then her foot.

Though her paw stung she trudged along across the camp "ok sit here" Violetpaw ordered. In respect and relief CowPaw sat down wrapping her tail around herself and vigorously licking her paw.

VioletPaw waited until she was done and placed her two forepaws on her paw moving it around. Cowpaw growled in uncomfort mewing loudly.

VioletPaw then stood up "your paws getting a bit loose Wich is a good sign, but if it still hurts it may heal a bit slower."

Cowpaw hissed "I'll never be able to go training again I'll be in the stupid medicine cats den for the rest of my life." She grunted irritated as she stood back up leaning on VioletPaw for support. VioletPaw looked at her "no you won't I promise CowPaw I know you will be able to train." She mewed sympathetically.

"Now I want to see how far you can walk yourself" VioletPaw meowed. slowly pulling away from CowPaw.
Cowpaw stumbled but slowly walked to the middle of the clearing and she heard RavenPaw yowling for her that she could do it.

She fell to the ground and mewed in agony as her paw started to hurt. VioletPaw came over "your healing very well, you are going to be able to walk fully soon."

Cowpaw coughed a throaty dry cough and stood with her as she leaned on her for support. She finally took a step into the den and sat tucking her paws under her except the hurt one as she placed it to the side.

She silently looked at the ground until she heard a familiar meow. RavenPaw, swiftpaw, and HollyPaw ran in to the den. She felt a purr escaped her throat.

"Hi Cowpaw!" HollyPaw meowed happily. Cowpaw purred in response nodding her head. SwiftPaw started to talk "Today I Got to Hunt!" He yowled proudly

RavenPaw mewed happily "I got to learn new fighting skills!" HollyPaw mewed loudly "I won against my mentor!"

Cowpaw felt her purr fading and a snarl replace it. 'how could they say that Infront of me!?' Cowpaw thought in irritation unsheathing her claws she started to lash her tail as they continued fighting about training and what they did.

Everything was a blur and she shot up, "If you want to talk about training you can leave! You know I can't train you mouse-brains! Just leave me alone and go away!" She snarled in irritation. Ignoring the pain in her paw.

Swiftpaw HollyPaw and RavenPaw looked at her shocked but RavenPaw looked the most shocked and hurt hissing she repeated once again sitting back down " go away."

SwiftPaw and HollyPaw both trotted out and ravenpaw sat for a few seconds and then ran out. She didn't care she was very offended with what they said and she hissed in annoyance. She whipped around licking her wound once again her ribs stung from how fast and abruptly she stood up but she ignored it.

When she licked her side of her ribs she winced. She looked down not wanting to do anything and her mind flashed back to Lightfern she kept seeing her death through her mind.

She was sad and stayed quiet everything was going wrong she didn't have a clue if it would go back to normal. She heard A few pawstep coming in and looked up to see BadgerClaw she looked at him.

He purred "you'll be alright my little kit, you'll be the strongest apprentice ever to be known." He licked her fur and then heard more pawstep but from the back of the den.

GoldenSky walked out holding a bundle of herbs. She placed them down and looked at BadgerClaw "would you bring her some fresh kill?"

BadgerClaw nodded his head and walked out a few moments later coming in with a plump rabbit. She looked at it in disgust. She had no appetite but took a large bite. She swallowed painfully her ribs rose. She coughed and felt as if it was lodged in her throat.

She layed her head on her paws and stared into the side of the den. She took another bite after a few minutes of waiting.

Swallowing painfully once more she was tired and started thinking 'brokenmoon said something about I shouldn't trust, what if he was talking about RavenPaw!?'

She felt shocked and started to wonder if that was a message about him . She wondered in thought and started to pick up the pieces.

' what if he threw me off of the alligator..' she shivered at the thought and wondered if what she said could possibly be true.

'oh StarClan...maybe he is a traitor!'

Warriors: CowSpots courage Super editionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara