Chapter two

CowKit followed RavenKit out of the bracken and into a large ravine she loved how it was different and odd. She ran fast then heard an odd liquid noise.

We're here!! She heard bubbling and rippling against small pebbles and leaped into a small pathway of grass that led into a hard cold ground that led to the river

She was mesmerized by the water trickling and trying to crawl up the pebbles she placed a paw into the water the freezing cold stunned her for a 5 rabbit hops but she quickly recovered.

A few little steps were behind her and she managed to realize it was a mouse she turned around and then leaped back at the mouse. Not knowing how to catch one, she still tried. RavenKit watched and cheered her on in
admiration.

She saw the mouse run toward the river and went to pounce. But the mouse quickly turned. And CowKit tried to skid to a halt but her claws deceived her. And as she took a gasp of air and heard Raven'Kit yowling "CowKit!" She was under the freezing cold water.

She pressed her arms firmly and the weight of the water felt as if she were holding a whole 18 Moons worth of warriors on her paws and she couldn't budge or move a muscle.

Panic washed over her and she found something large and she was heading right for it! She grabbed a hold of it. 'A stone!' she needed air she lifted her head up and climbed to the tip of the rock gasping for air and smaller little waves were rising and collapsing.

She sat on top of the stone shivering her tail wrapped around her. RavenKit yowled "jump on the ground it's ok your close to it!" CowKit was nervous she stood up shaking but then the stone started to sink.

She went back underwater but caught a glimpse of her dad BadgerClaw and a few other cats from the clan she felt relieved and nervous then she saw four paws.

prodding her out and a cat took her by the scruff and put her on the grass she gasped for air and laid heaving barely able to lift a paw. all she remembered before

closing her eyes was BadgerClaw picking her. Up again by the scruff and taking her back the way her and RavenKit went. She woke up in an odd den that wasn't the nursery.

A beautiful gold she- Cat with darker tabby markings and mismatched paws came up to her and crouched. "I need you to eat this herb it will help with your breathing and to drain the fluids from your lungs, it is called Coltsfoot. "

She laid down a bright yellow plant with brown roots and walked in disgust "no it looks yucky!!" She wheezed and coughed barely able to breathe, she realized she needed to breathe and quickly ate up the herbs.

SageBreeze ran in "Oh my precious kit! Now you know to never wander off to far without us... But we told RisingStar about this." She nodded her head as a Ginger and white she-cat strolled over and sat looking down at her with her amber eyes. RavenKit came to and sat Nervous . CowKit felt herself shaking and then RavenKit's tail wrapped around her and she calmed down.

RisingStar hissed "Do you not know in what kind of danger you two irresponsible kits could have gotten yourself into!!!?? You could have been stolen by rogues for StarClan's Sake! And you could have drowned before a patrol got to you!"

She tried to calm herself down but slashed her tail in irritation. "What nonsense got you into this mess?" She demanded impatiently.

RavenKit looked up at RisingStar brave enough he stood up and held eye contact trying not to break it but CowKit could smell fear on him.

"I did! I saw the warriors go through a piece of bracken in a rush and followed them until they got to the river! Then I got nervous and ran back! And today I sat by myself and was going to leave by myself until CowKit came over! And I thought it would've been better to show her something very amazing!"

He crouched back down breaking eye contact "so, I'm the nonsense that got us into it...so punish me if you want but-"

He was interrupted by RisingStar letting out a mroww of laughter. " You silly kit I am not going to punish you! I just wanted to show you what it will be like if you did it again !" She meowed licking there heads "RavenKit your bravery is amazing!"

RavenKit looked excited and then Rising'Star meowed "Ok you two little kits go to the nursery!" They both rushed out to there mom and CowKit could tell all cats were going to there dens for sleep.

She rushed over to her mother and purred curling up against her. Her dad BadgerClaw went over to them and rested himself right by them and purred.

It was dark and quiet, rain pattering onto the ground outside dripping from the entrance of the den. She sat up and realized RavenKit was still awake she moved from
Her mom and dad and went up to him.

"What's wrong RavenKit?" She whispered quietly. He looked up from his spot and shakily mewed "my mom is on a patrol and my dad is guarding the camp, So I'm alone."

Without saying anything CowKit creeped over to him and laid by him her tail wrapped around him. She realized he relaxed and fell asleep but she couldn't go to sleep. she was just tense and nervous but she couldn't quite put her paw on why.

She noticed that someone was in the clan but she didn't know who she saw it was just GoldenGaze the medicine cat. She finally tried to get into a comfy position and rolled to the side.

Finally right by RavenKit quietly she fell asleep.