Chapter Nine

Cowpaw couldn't look away, the shock had gripped her and she was paralyzed with sadness. She wanted to hate StarClan but knew it wasn't them. It wasn't at all, she had to stay with them no matter what.

"Why does this always happen to me...." She whispered her eyes gazing around the clearing. "Mom...please..stay with me.." she blinked and saw a starry figure that looked just like her mom. She raised her eyes they were full of sorrow as she looked at her mom.

"I hate...them...I hate RavenClan!" She yowled at her mother. Her mother's gaze was in her eyes full of love and softness "my sweet kit, it's not their fault I promise you that... It's the will of StarClan that I've joined them!"

Her mom started to fade away "goodbye my sweet kit I will always be with you..." She whispered as she faded out of sight.

"Mom..." She cried out in sadness tears racing down her face. She blinked and her mom was gone, when she looked at the side she saw RavenPaw sitting by her and his tail wrapped around her.

She didn't want to accept it and smile, she couldn't bring herself to do that in a time like this. She had to face it, her mother was dead and her father is gone. She looked at him and just blinked in gratitude and went back to grieving.

Her eyes burnt with sadness as tears stopped she had cried so much that they were gone. RavenPaw gently prodded her up to her paws and she looked down at her mom. "No.. let me stay a bit longer"

RavenPaw looked at her sadness in his eyes "I'm sorry, we can't.." Cowpaw clawed the ground beneath her paws as her mother's body was taken away.

"How...how..how could StarClan allow this!!??" She whispered And she saw tears fall down her face and onto the sandy ground beside her.

RavenPaw gave her a swift lick and looked at her, "StarClan is trying to save the clans, and your mom has saved us as well.." RavenPaw whispered the hurt in his eyes was very clear.

Cowpaw sobbed and placed her head into RavenPaws silky black fur. Thank you RavenPaw... I can't tell you how much your helping me right now... She thought and she looked at him the whole fight of that cat and her mother flashing through her eyes.

As if he knew what she was thinking RavenPaw looked in her eyes "it's ok.. don't think of what happened, just think of how proud she is of you.."

"She, she is my mom.. and she is dead now! Because of me.. because I..couldn't help her in time" the words slipped out of Cowpaws mouth. "And yet she still forgave him.."

She felt exhausted as RisingStar came to her and looked urgent her eyes twinkled with a hint of grief. "You need to come, this is an urgent situation." She meowed flicking her tail and turning around and padding away towards the leaders den.

Cowpaw took a pawstep and felt exhausted and she felt RavenPaw hold her up with his shoulder for support and helped her walk across the clearing.

Warriors had been gathering and discussing things and apprentices where helping get injured cats to the medicine den but it was all a blur for cowpaw.

Her heart was beating faster then ever and she heard her own breath began to come in pants. She looked around the clearing at the looks of sympathy and everything went clear and normal again when she took a paw step inside the leaders den.

"Thank you RavenPaw, you may go." RisingStar nodded and looked back at CowPaw with sympathy in her eyes. "Your mother was great." She whispered quietly to her and licked her ear slightly.

Cowpaw looked up not speaking and her eyes showing nothing but tears. RisingStar continued "but I didn't think that this would happen to her."

Cowpaw felt her ears prick and she muttered between tears, "what..?" She whispered and heard RisingStar grunt and start to pace.