Chapter One

CowKit shivered as she opened her eyes newly for the first time the cold hit through her fur. It was just the crack of midnight she crawled unable to take a full step.

Moving closer to her mother for milk her mother was sleeping on her stomach, "Hungry!" She wailed fiercely making her mother wake up in a daze. She settled her beautiful green gaze on her kits eyes she seemed mesmerized.

"BadgerClaw! It's CowKit her eyes have opened!" She saw a muscular tom walk forward his shoulders rippling under his pelt he was strong. But CowKit was wailing for milk. Her mother's tail wrapped around CowKit moving her closer and layed on her side.

CowKit followed forward and drank her mother's milk then fell asleep against her mother's warm fur.

***

{IN THE MORNING}

CowKit watched from a bush in the clearing and wiggled then pouncing forward to the other kits who were playing clans. "No SunClan on our territory" RavenKit yowled and leaped at HollyKit.

CowKit followed after and leaped onto SwiftKit who was also playing as a SunClan cat and yowling . "Your not going to be a good warrior! You can't even get me!" He proclaimed, proceeding to raise his tail in pride and stride over to her.

Anger hit her and she stood up "I am going to be a good warrior!" She protested slashing a sheathed paw at his ear. "Then let's pretend we're in a real battle! SunClan verses SnowClan."
She purred in agreement, then as the fake battle started she didn't know what she had gotten herself into he was twice her size. She leaped onto him with all the courage she had and pinned him down trying to remember how her mom did it, then she lurched her head forward fake biting his throat and yowling in victory.

He hissed and pushed her off and ran away just before leaving he turned his head and mewed angrily "I let you win that." She let out a small squeaky mroww of laughter and thought 'Mouse brain!'

She ran past the other kits "SageBreeze! I beat SwiftKit he's a mouse brain!!"

Her mother SageBreeze looked back at her "that is no way to talk about your clan members CowKit!" She looked at her with a stern green gaze and then licked her forehead "but that is amazing! He is twice your size! " CowKit felt pride fill her and she jittered in excitement. She meowed " when can I be an apprentice!", She whined.

"Soon, I promise my sweet little kit...soon" then CowKit prodded her paws in angry anticipation. "How long is soon!!!"
"Just four moons my dear kit, be patient." She meowed cooly as she continued licking her forehead with her rough tongue swiping over her head. " Four moons!? That's so long!!!"

CowKit couldn't wait for becoming an apprentice, she pictured running after a mouse and getting it with her claws" she put her ears down and crouched growling"I really want to be an apprentice"

"You know that a kit under the age of 6 moons can't become an apprentice, it would be against the warrior code!" Her mother stated urgently. CowKit pricked up her ears and mewed " the warrior code?" She felt intrigued, she had never learned from the elders about anything called the Warrior code.

"Yes, the warrior code," her mother sat preparing to tell a story "yes, a sacred truce of rules made from our ancestors in StarClan that is sacred and all clan cats Must obey!"

Eager to hear more she lashed her tail in excitement as her mother began going over the warrior code. And as her mother continued after explaining what all the rules were CowKit Managed to see RavenKit sitting alone.

"Mother! RavenKit is by himself I'm going to go comfort him!" She strolled over to him and sat by him he looked up at her . A purr escaped his throat and he shot up. "Do you want to sneak to the river and try to hunt?"

"What" CowKit gasped "Yea!" She felt brave as a StarClan warrior with how her mother described them they were very brave.

She looked around to make sure no cats were watching "let's go! " They leaped into the bracken and then disappeared from the place she was so used to.